50 Stay-At-Home Date Ideas for when you want to keep the romance alive in the comforts of your own home.
Happy New Year!
To be honest, 2017 is already off to a rocky start for me. I’ve been in incredible pain (with varying levels of intensity for the last month), had an MRI, spent most of the week laying on my back (even sleeping on the floor), & now I am beginning to worry I’m turning 86 next month instead of 26…
Oh well… Things can’t get worse, right?
Oh the bright side, it snowed!!
It’s that brutally cold time of year again. (And in case you can’t tell, I’m wearing 2 long sleeved shirts, 2 jackets, 2 scarves, & gloves in this picture.) All I want to do is snuggle under a blanket with a good book & a hot drink & pretend nothing else in the world exists. But that’s not very romantic, is it? And while I know my husband wouldn’t mind doing this with me every once in a while I know he enjoys & prefers many other ways to spend his free time.
Since we are both homebodies who can easily spend a long 4 day weekend bunkered down in our home, just the two of us, I thought it was time to create a list of staying in date ideas. Now some of these ideas (like #3) could be a series of date nights, while others can be combined to create an even more epic date night at home! Also, wouldn’t it be fun to create a series of staying in date nights with #3, #6, #42, & #8?
*** Bonus Date Idea ***
If you want to learn how you can turn date night into a profit
(this couple made $12,000 in one date)
CLICK HERE to read this new blog post!!
1. Create a bucket list for the two of you.
2. Take turns asking each other fun, silly, deep, & meaningful questions.
3. Learn a romantic new language together.
4. Write 3 love letters to each other be opened on your 5th, 10th, & 25th wedding anniversary.
5. Call your in-laws to find out your spouse’s favorite thing to do on a rainy day when they were a kid & recreate it for them.
6. Start a side hustle from home together that you can earn/save money for an anniversary trip.
7. Apply/Sign up for all of the free birthday gifts/coupons from restaurants/stores.
8. Create a photo book of your favorite memories or from a special vacation.
9. Do something meaningful & specific in your spouses love language
10. Have dinner delivered & dress up for dinner in the most romantic spot in your house complete with lots of romantic candles.
11. Create a cd of your favorite music through the decades or that relates to your relationship.
12. Pajama snuggle party sharing your dreams with your favorite hot beverage.
13. Climb into bed early for a night of snuggly and talking.
14. Create your favorite date night out dinner at home.
15. Give each other messages with candles to set the mood for relaxation.
16. Camping in your backyard.
17. Bake some scones, muffins, or cookies. Take them outside to enjoy while sipping some tea or coffee and enjoy the outside of your home.
18. Do a DIY project together. Something small like painting a shelf or big like a building a table.
19. Have a classic movie marathon with all black & white movies.
20. Learn a new instrument together.
21. Design your dream home on paper or on Pinterest.
22. Take an online class together.
23. Create a garden to enjoy during peak season.
24. Have a picnic on your back porch.
25. Learn a new skill together. Like card tricks or magic tricks.
26. Move your furniture around to create a new cozy spot to snuggle.
27. Netflix & snuggle.
28. Write a story together.
29. Challenge each other to a dance-off.
30. Play a video game.
32. Home improvement project.
34. Build a bonfire in your backyard & roast hot dogs & marshmallows.
35. Spend the night playing & creating music. Maybe even make your own theme song.
36. Cook a feast for two together. You could make your favorite childhood meal, date night dinner, &/or wedding reception food while reminiscing about your favorite memories.
37. Try one of your significant other’s favorite hobbies.
38. Read to each other & have a fondue party for two.
39. Put together puzzles while listening to the rain or your favorite music. And don’t forget to include some good snacks!
40. Try a new workout video together, maybe something fun involving dance.
41. Have a little friendly baking competition & the winner get’s to choose the movie that night.
42. Plan a trip together while eating food related to the place you plan to travel to.
43. Build an extreme fort in your living room & spend the evening eating, playing games, reading, or watching movies in it.
44. Take a long bubble bath by candlelight & romantic music.
45. Spend a night under the stars with a warm blanket & cozy pillows on your back porch looking for shooting stars.
46. Create a piece of art for your home.
47. Decorate your home for the next big holiday using things you already have at home. Get creative with the help of Pinterest inspiration!
48. Take your pet for a long walk around your neighborhood together with a special drink & snack in hand.
49. Go through your things & create a box of things to donate.
50. Have a marshmallow gun or nerf fight.
51. Go on a shopping date online. Buy one thing for each other, one thing for your kid or parents, & one thing to share.
52. Create a scavenger hunt.
What is your favorite Stay-At-Home Date Idea or memory?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
More Domestically Blissful Confessions:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.