50 Summer Date Ideas to create summer lovin’ memories all season long!
Eek! Summer is almost here!
This is going to be one of the most exciting & scary summer’s of our marriage. Yesterday Roger graduated dental school, we will be moving back to Tennessee in less than 2 weeks, closing on our first house soon after, & then Roger will be starting is first job as a dentist.
But in the midst of all of these big life changes we want to make sure that we keep our marriage a priority, so I’ve come up with this little list of 50 Summer Date Ideas to help kindle the love in our marriage.
But if summer isn’t your favorite season, here are some more date ideas for Fall, Christmas, Winter, Valentine’s Day, & Spring! I will admit fall is my favorite season, but I do love summer lovin’ & I plan on enjoying every last minute since this will be the most uninterrupted time I get with Roger until he retires. And since he just finished school that will be a little while.
*** Bonus ***
If you want to learn how you can turn date night into a profit
(this couple made $12,000 in one date)
1. Drive to a drive-in movie.
2. Make this summer a waterpark summer! See how many waterparks you can visit in one summer together & rank your top 5 so you will always know which ones to go back to next summer!
3. Go blueberry, raspberry, or blackberry picking.
4. Lay a blanket out under the stars & talk about your blessings from the last 5 years & your dreams & goals for the next five years.
6. Pretend to be a tourist in your hometown & get to know your city better than ever! Grab a tourist map, park your car downtown, & go exploring!
7. Visit or hike to the highest point in your state in order to find the coolest temperatures.
8. Go to a movie in the park event in your nearest city.
9. Fly kites (or play frisbee) in a local park & eat popsicles from a food truck.
10. Have a picnic in your favorite park, maybe even have a picnic to go with food from your favorite food truck!
11. Take a page from the movie Up & lay on a picnic blanket gazing at the clouds while daydreaming.
12. Spend a day building something together for your home. A bird feeder, windowsill planter, coffee table, wooden keepsake box (for your love letters), or a side table.
13. Check your nearest town’s website for special summer events to enjoy together.
14. Go to a baseball or softball game. Live in the south? Why not try a NASCAR race?
15. Go camping on the beach or in the woods. Spend the night under the stars enjoying the cool summer breeze.
16. Grab your camera & go exploring for the perfect shot that encapsulates summer.
17. Create a backyard escape you can enjoy together all summer! (I’m so excited to build a fire pit & patio for our new home!)
18. Try a new outdoor hobby you can enjoy together, like gardening, tennis, frisbee gulf, biking, canoeing, or rock climbing.
19. Go to the fair! Maybe even try a deep fried Twinkie!
20. Spend the day exploring a new town & enjoying all of their local food, parks, & activities.
21. Go to the park & spend the day laying on a blanket reading together with bread, cheese, & fresh seasonal fruit.
22. Visit a local zoo or botanical garden.
23. Go to a farmers market (or flea market) & support local businesses.
24. Watch the sunset (or sunrise) from the top of a different mountain one night each week throughout the summer.
25. Mark something off of your shared bucket list together.
26. Take a weekend trip to the beach together, maybe even learn to surf together!
27. Go on a boating trip! Don’t have a boat? Look for the biggest river in your nearest town & see if they have any fun boating activities, like a river ferry boat or duck ride.
28. Catch fireflies together.
30. Have a homemade smoothie or ice cream making contest. Winner gets to pick the movie or the next date night idea.
31. Spend a hot afternoon in the pool, on a slip & slide, or playing in your sprinklers. Or you can wait till it rains to play in the rain or do a natural slip & slide on the grass.
32. Get outside & take a special wilderness date together (hiking or biking) & find a romantic spot that is just yours’ & carve your names together on a tree there.
33. Drive to the top of a mountain & go star gazing with lots of blankets to snuggle under. Count the shouting stars while you make wishes & dream about your future together.
34. Pack your car full of good snacks & cold drinks, then drive until you get lost. Find a little local restaurant for lunch wherever you end up before heading home.
35. Bake Lemon Poppyseed Scones or Lemon Blueberry Scones with fresh hand picked berries!
36. Take a staycation & stay at a local B&B or Inn & take in the sites of your town like a tourist.
37. Paint a summery picture together, maybe of the beach or one of your favorite summer memories together.
38. Adopt a pet from an animal shelter together.
39. Dress up in formal attire, attend a classical concert or opera, then stop at a local coffee shop & share a beverage & springy dessert together.
40. Have a barbecue. Yes, vegetarians can love a good veggie barbecue!
41. Attend an outdoor concert.
42. Spend a rainy day in a museum or aquarium.
43. Get up early and watch the sunrise & then treat yourselves to breakfast at your favorite local restaurant.
44. Go mini golfing & get ice cream afterwards.
45. Take a relaxing trip down a slow river on a float or seek adventure & go white water rafting.
46. Go fishing or feed the ducks.
47. Go biking along a river or on an old railroad that has been turned into a trail.
48. Go horseback riding through a field of wildflowers.
49. Make Ice Cream Pops or snow cones & enjoy them while cooling off in the shade from the summer sun.
50. Spend an evening with the fireflies refocusing your relationship on Christ. Reading, singing, & praying together by candlelight.
I’d love to hear about the best summer date you have ever had!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, G
By wisdom a house is built,
& through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare & beautiful treasures.
More Confessions from Domestically Blissful
Affiliate links included in this post.
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.