50 Valentine’s Date Ideas for the month of love!
Happy (early) Valentines!
In honor of the up coming love holiday I thought I would create a list of Valentine’s Date Ideas to help you create the perfect date for you & your loved one. You can pick one or combine a bunch of them to create a super duper Valentine’s date!
So without further ado!
*** Bonus ***
If you want to learn how you can turn date night into a profit
(this couple made $12,000 in one date)
1. Get up early and go watch the sunrise & then treat yourselves to breakfast at your favorite local restaurant.
2. Curl up in a warm blanket together & take turns reading to each other. If you are looking for a story that will foster a deeper love for each other & God I recommend Redeeming Love. We both loved it!
3. Create a mini scavenger hunt around your home with each clue leading to another that eventually ends with a gift or special surprise.
4. Pretend your electricity went out & spend the evening relaxing by the fire, reading or playing games in the candlelight (no phones or electronics).
5. Hide little love letters around your home for your special someone.
6. Fondue for two party with both cheese & chocolate pots.
7. Read Songs of Solomon together (married couples).
8. Bundle up & hike to see a (frozen) waterfall & have a picnic by it with a hot thermos of hot chocolate.
9. Recreate your first valentine’s together, from dinner to gifts.
10. Have a baking competition & the winner get’s to choose the restaurant or movie you see that night.
11. Snuggle under a blanket with your favorite warm drink & snacks while reading your oldest (or earliest) love letters to each other.
12. Homemade pizzas in the shape of a heart.
13. Build a wooden box together to save your love letters in.
14. Play outside in the snow together like it’s your first time in the snow then make snow ice cream & add a touch of red food coloring for an extra special touch.
15. Watch A Charlie Brown Valentine with your special valentine.
16. Go to the grocery store together with $10 each, split up, purchase as many of your significant other’s favorite foods as you can with only $10 (without telling the other what you are getting), & then go home & create a special dinner with only the items you bought.
17. Share the love by going through your closet & pantry & donating things you no longer wear to Goodwill & canned/dried goods to your local soup kitchen.
18. Make breakfast together, then hop back in bed for a morning of snuggling & eating!
19. Go hiking somewhere new & carve your names & the date into a tree.
20. Take a weekend getaway together, maybe even make it a road trip & don’t stop until you hit snow or sand!
21. Roast heart shaped marshmallows inside & make Valentine’s s’mores with the special addition of strawberries or raspberries.
22. Order in all of your favorites, even if that means a combination of pizza & Chinese!
23. Paint a picture together to hang in your home. Don’t forget to sign in & write the date!
24. Have a movie marathon starting with his favorite movie, then your favorite movie, & finishing with a movie that you both equally love!
25. Create a Valentine’s hot chocolate together to keep warm while snuggling.
26. Recreate a bunch of firsts, such as the first movie you saw together & the first restaurant you ate at together.
27. Buy each other special stuffed animals that match your personality. You could even go on a teddy bear shopping date, maybe even Build-A-Bear!
28. Create a scrapbook of all of your favorite dates together or your memories from the previous year. You could include movie ticket stubs, pictures, quotes, & memories!
29. Grab your cameras & head out to your nearest city or favorite hiking spot & see how many unique pictures you can take with a heart in it. You could use your hands, or branches, or stamp a leaf, get creative!
30. Create a Valentine’s Tree & on the hearts write what you love about your significant other throughout the month of February.
31. Check your nearest town’s website for special Valentine’s events & get in on the local love!
32. Go to your favorite grocery store together & buy ingredients to create a homemade Italian dinner together. Some of my favorites include homemade gnocchi & fresh bread! (Hint Hint Rog)
33. Drive around to all of your local coffee shops & bakeries looking for the tastiest special Valentine’s treat. Maybe even rank your top 5 favorites!
35. Go for a drive until you get lost & explore a new town together.
36. Create a bucket list for your marriage.
37. Dress up in formal attire, attend a classical concert or opera, then go to the fanciest restaurant in your town, & finish the night at a local coffee shop & share a hot beverage.
38. Make handmade cards for your friends & family. Then drop them off at the mailbox & go out for dinner at your favorite local restaurant.
42. Surprise your special someone, before Valentine’s Day, with a special home cooked meal with all of their favorites.
On a side note, I did this for Roger & I’s first Valentine’s together (about 8 years ago).
I made homemade gnocchi for the first time along with way too long a list of other things!
So many great memories!
43. Spend the day baking together. Then drop off Valentine’s baskets with homemade cards (signed or unsigned) at your friends & family’s homes.
45. Mark something off of your shared bucket list together.
46. Create a homemade soup together using only the ingredients you already have at home.
47. Take a staycation & stay at a local B&B or Inn & take in the sites of your town like a tourist.
48. Take a special hiking date together & find a romantic spot that is just yours & carve your names together on a tree there.
49. Rent a cabin for the weekend in the Smokey Mountains & visit Dollywood.
50. Spend the evening refocusing your relationship on Christ, the true definition of love. Reading, singing, & praying together.
What is your most memorable Valentines?
I’d love to hear from you!
Comment below or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, G
More Confessions from Domestically Blissful
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.