50 Winter Date Ideas to keep your love on fire during the coldest months of the year!
I have been having so much fun with my on-going seasonal & holiday date ideas posts that it is only logical that my first post of 2016 are these 50 Winter Date Ideas!
The thing about dating when you are in a committed relationship (especially when you are married) is that basically anything can be a date. For example, in the summer my husband & I will jump in the car & drive to McDonalds for a hot fudge sunday or to a local Hawaiian ice stand & call it a (mini) date. And in the winter we’ll go to Panera’s or Starbucks & share a cup of hot chocolate. It might be small & simple, but it’s all about carving time out (big or little) & making a memory together that will last a lifetime.
So some of the following 50 Winter Date Ideas are single activities/ideas that can be enjoyed in the spur of the moment (with only a few minutes alone) or they can be combined with other ideas in this list to create a longer more epic date!
No matter what you do this winter, make sure to carve some time (hopefully not ice) out of your busy lives & enjoy quality time with your special someone!
*** Bonus ***
If you want to learn how you can turn date night into a profit
(this couple made $12,000 in one date)
- Go to an opera or musical.
- Spend a day building something together for your home. A coffee table, a wooden keepsake box (for your love letters), or a side table.
- Go iceskating.
- Find a new indoor sport you both enjoy, like racquetball or indoor rock climbing, & make it a weekly or bi-monthly date.
- Visit your favorite museum or aquarium & afterwards enjoy some local cuisine.
- Build an igloo out of snow or (if you live in the south) out of pillows.
- Bake muffins or scones together. Maybe even make it a mini competition.
- Pretend your electricity went out & spend the evening relaxing by the fire & reading or playing games in the candlelight (no phones or electronics).
- Take a staycation & stay at a local B&B or Inn & take in the sites of your town like a tourist.
- Go on a weekend trip snowboarding/skiing together (or go on a night skiing/snowboarding date if you live close enough to a ski resort)
- Drive to the top of a mountain & watch the sunrise or sunset over the snowy (or frosted) valley while snuggled under warm blankets with hot chocolate.
- Take a special wilderness date together & find a romantic spot that is just yours’ & carve your names together on a tree there.
- Make snow ice cream.
- Drive to the beach & have a bonfire. Did you know there are even beach campgrounds?
- Have a boardgames date with special prizes for the winner of each game.
- Do one of your favorite childhood activities together, like playing with play dough, building legos, coloring, or snacking.
- Go to a winter Carnival.
- Create a winter wonderland in your home complete with fake snow from a can & homemade paper snow flakes.
- Snuggle all day in front of a fire.
- Have a Netflix or Redbox movie marathon.
- Have a snowball fight.
- Become your own hot chocolate critique & go to 5 local coffee shops & split a hot chocolate at each one & rate them to find your favorite.
- Go after-Christmas shopping.
- Create a snowman couple holding hands.
- Decorate your home for winter.
- Read a book (series) together.
- Roast marshmallows indoors.
- Play hide & go seek (respectfully) in a mall.
- Drive until you find snow.
- Watch home movies from your childhood on a snowy winter night.
- Make homemade hot chocolate together.
- Go to the grocery store together & buy ingredients to create your own one-of-a-kind homemade soup to keep you both warm during the cold nights.
- Go camping inside your home.
- Take a winter wonderland weekend trip.
- Drive until you find snow and then go sledding together.
- Read Songs of Solomon together (married couples).
- Go hot tubbing in the snow.
- Grab some hot apple cider & go for a drive until you get lost while talking about your future.
- Rent a cabin for the weekend in the Smokey Mountains.
- Go to Dollywood & get season passes for a year of fun!
- Bundle up & hike to see a (frozen) waterfall.
- Create new year’s resolutions for your marriage.
- Mark something off of your shared bucket list together.
- Go to a playoff football or basketball game.
- Create a hot chocolate bar in your home & spend the evening experimenting & making the best hot chocolate ever!
- Recreate one of your first (or most memorable) dates.
- Snuggle under a blanket, on your front porch, while reading a book together. We recommend Redeeming Love.
- Make your significant other’s favorite meal & then read your old (or earliest) love letters to each other.
- Spend an evening refocusing your relationship on Christ. Reading, singing, & praying together.
- Go on a special valentines date before the commercial madness of February 14.
- Bonus*** Create a picture book (scrapbook or through a site like Shutterfly) of all your memories together from the previous year.
With love, G
LOVE SUFFERS LONG & IS KIND; LOVE DOES NOT ENVY;
LOVE DOES NOT PARADE ITSELF, IS NOT PUFFED UP;
DOES NOT BEHAVE RUDELY, DOES NOT SEEK ITS OWN, IS NOT PROVOKED, THINKS NO EVIL;
DOES NOT REJOICE IN INIQUITY, BUT REJOICES IN THE TRUTH;
BEARS ALL THINGS, BELIEVES ALL THINGS, HOPES ALL THINGS, ENDURES ALL THINGS.
LOVE NEVER FAILS.
1 CORINTHIANS 13:4-8
More Confessions from Domestically Blissful