A Black Bean Dip that is creamy, smooth, light, & filled with flavor.
I am so excited about today’s Black Bean Dip recipe! I must admit I photographed this Mexican dip January of last year, & I had originally saved it to share when we moved last summer because I knew I would be so busy with our move, buying our first house, & renovating it that I wouldn’t have time to create a lot of new recipes & blog content this summer, last summer. But you know, life happens & somehow I never shared this recipe.
Fast forward to last week, I was testing recipes that all miserably failed, & I was trying to figure out what to do next. Well, one of them didn’t actually fail, I somehow managed to create muffins that taste just like a popular marshmallow cereal, but it was a funny color & would not have photographed well. So that was that.
Then for some reason, I remembered this almost forgotten recipe for Black Bean Dip.
Since it had been awhile I decided to make it again this weekend ( I shared a picture on Instagram Stories) & it was just as delicious as I had remembered. Roger & I enjoyed this Black Bean Dip with vegetable fajitas, chips, & salsa. Light, delicious, & filling!
And next time our family has a little gathering I’m going to be bringing a triple batch of this black bean party dip!
But back to the recipe!
I feel so bad for keeping this recipe locked up all these months, especially when it is so ridiculously good & easy to make!
When I first expressed my excitement about this Black Bean Dip to Roger (over a year ago) he wasn’t too thrilled. I mean the name isn’t super enticing to someone who loves Macaroni & Cheese Soup, but let’s just say he had a big change of heart after his first bite.
I should also admit that I ate about half of this by myself in one sitting the first time I created it.
And while I love to enjoy this by myself & with Roger, this Black Bean Dip recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled for a fun fiesta with friends & family.
You won’t have any leftovers, but you will have everyone asking for your recipe!
It really is that good!
It’s creamy, smooth, & light, yet flavorful, filling, & incredibly easy to make. Plus it’s super quick to make & can easily be a make ahead dish. You could blend it all up the night before a party, store it in your fridge, & then right before your party just pop it in the oven for a yummy appetizer or vegetarian side dish!
- 1/4 cup cilantro (packed tightly)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can black beans (15 oz) rinsed & drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese + extra for topping
- First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a blender, blend 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 garlic clove, & 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- Once the garlic is well chopped add 1 can black beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, & 1/2 cup sour cream.
- Stir in 1 roman tomato diced into very small pieces & 1/2 cups Mexican cheese.
- Bake the Black Bean Dip in a bakeware dish for 10 minutes covered with foil.
- Then sprinkle extra cheese on top & bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- Top with your favorite toppings & enjoy warm.
What is your favorite way to eat bean dip?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free,
& do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.