Dark Chocolate Chip Cherry Muffins are a decadent brunch treat that is perfect for breakfast but sweet enough to be dessert!
I know I promised 4 new posts this week in my newsletter, but these Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins are so good I couldn’t wait to share them! These sweet muffins are made with Left Field Farms Non-GMO Creamer, dark chocolate chips, & chopped sweet cherries. So much yum!
I ate two fresh out of the oven & then had to remind myself that I should slow down & save some for Roger.
Plus we were heading up to babysit 4 of our nieces & nephew & I know how much they love cherries so I wanted to make sure I bought them a few too for breakfast.
I’m trying to do better at baking & sharing, but it’s hard when they are so good!
And this recipe has some special ingredients that make them extra delicious.
I learned from my mom years ago that adding creamer to muffins takes them to a whole new level.
So after some recipe development during our first few years of marriage, I finally got the right consistency. And now I have a go-to muffin recipe that is perfect for any flavor or filling.
As you can guess, creamer is the first secret ingredient to these cherry chocolate muffins.
I used Left Field Farms Non-GMO Creamer in these dark chocolate cherry muffins. I love the flavor of Left Field Farms Non-GMO Creamer & that they give their cows non-GMO feed & that they are made with real cream & real sugar. I picked mine up at our local Walmart & am eager to go back & try all of the new flavors of Left Field Farms Non-GMO Creamers.
Be sure to click here to see all of the Left Field Farms Non-GMO Creamers that are available at a Walmart near you. And if you want to try these delicious products you can receive an Ibotta offer here.
The second special ingredient is that I sprinkle vanilla cane sugar on top of the muffin batter before baking.
This adds a sweet slightly crunchy top to these soft muffins that take them over the top.
You can use any type of sugar, but my current favorite is vanilla cane sugar.
It makes me feel fancy & it tastes good too!
And if you noticed I also add a few extra chocolate chips to the top of each muffin to make it look pretty. You can never have too much dark chocolate, right?
Speaking of taste. I love the way creamer tastes. This may sound a little crazy, but I love opening a new bottle of creamer. And Left Field Farms Non-GMO Creamer is made with no artificial flavors so you know you are tasting the best flavors!
I probably shouldn’t admit this, but I always lick the safety tab before throwing it away because I don’t want to waste a single drop.
Sometimes I wonder if I share too many of my quirks, but then I remember I have so many I couldn’t share them all even if I tried. Even my husband doesn’t know all of my little quirks, but he loves me all the same! Also, he has no choice since he married me for better or worse.
And luckily for you & I, one of my better quirks is that I love adding creamer to my baked goods recipes!
- 2 & 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Left Field Farms Non-GMO Sweet and Creamy Creamer
- 2 Large Eggs
- 8 Tablespoons Melted Butter, cooled
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Cherries, diced & heaping
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Cane Sugar, optional
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit & spray your muffin pans with oil. (*1)
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, & 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup creamer, 2 large eggs, 8 tablespoons cooled melted butter, & 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Create a funnel in the dry ingredients & pour the liquid mixture into the center.
- Mix with a spoon until combined. (*2) Gently mix in the 1 cup cherries & 1/2 cup dark chocolate until evenly dispersed.
- Pour the dark chocolate cranberry vanilla muffin batter into each tin 3/4ths full & sprinkle a generous helping of vanilla cane sugar on top.*(3)
- Bake your Dark Chocolate Chip Cherry Muffins for 20-25 minutes. (*4)
- Let cool on a wire rack & enjoy. (*5)
- *1. To ensure your oven is at the right temperature for baking, preheat your oven before you start so that it will continue to warm up an additional 5-10 minutes before you place your muffins in the oven.
- *2. Don't over mix. Some lumps are normal.
- *3. To make it look pretty I press in a few chocolate chips to the top of each muffin before baking.
- *3. When a toothpick comes out clean your muffins are done baking.
- *4. Store your muffins in a sealed container for up to a week.
With love, Giustina
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.