Fresh Basil Garlic Bread is quick & easy to make, covered in fresh flavor, & a bright beautiful addition to any Italian meal!
Is anyone else having a hard time remembering it’s 2016?
For some reason I keep thinking it’s still fall of last year… I have no idea why, but my mind hasn’t caught up with the calendar. Luckily, I haven’t been so confused that I have posted any fall projects or recipes! Although I will admit that I am already planning blog posts for fall & Christmas!
But until then I am going to try to focus on the next holiday coming our way!
So since Italian is one of our favorite cuisines to eat on Valentine’s Day I thought I would create a new recipe for our Valentine’s this year!
The first Valentine’s meal I ever made for Roger (about 8 years ago) was Italian & it was the first time I ever made homemade gnocchi. I’m thinking I might recreate our first Valentine’s this year! That sounds fun, right?
Although that might be a lot of work… I went all out our first Valentines! I cooked & baked all day & the kitchen was a disaster afterwards! But it was a lot of fun!
This Fresh Basil Garlic Bread takes very little effort to make, but is filled with so much flavor people will think you put a lot of time & ingredients into creating it.
And isn’t the color wonderful?! I know I said I made this with Valentine’s Day in mind, but wouldn’t it make a great Saint Patrick’s Day recipe too? The green is so happy!
Really this recipe is delicious for any time of the year & I’m pretty sure I’m going to be making it more than I should! It’s just so good!!
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Ciabatta Bread *(1)
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the peeled garlic cloves, 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves *(2), 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, & a pinch of salt & pepper in a small blender *(3) & blend until smooth.
- Cut your ciabatta in half & spread your basil garlic spread on the inside of each slice.
- Bake your Fresh Basil Garlic Bread, open side up, in your oven for 12-13 minutes until golden.
- Let cool & enjoy.
- *1. Mine was a 10 inch loaf
- *2. I packed a 1/2 cup with fresh basil leaves & it was slightly heaping.
- *3. I used a small hand blender with the chopper attachment.
I’d love to see your Fresh Basil Garlic Bread!
Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
Truly my soul finds rest in God;
My salvation comes from Him.
More Recipes from Domestically Blissful
Affiliate links included in this post.
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.