Thank you Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrups for sponsoring this post. Take a moment and reward yourself with café-style coffee and beverages at home with Tate+Lyle®!
Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate is a deliciously sweet way to enjoy your favorite hot drink in a cool new way!
Have you ever tried a drink that was so good you wanted to share it with the whole world immediately? That is exactly how I feel about this Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate!
Years ago I tried a frozen hot chocolate in NYC & fell in love. I brought a small container of the powdered version home, but never tried it because, well let’s face it, homemade is always better & I was afraid it would disappoint.
So I decided to create a homemade Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate recipe that would surprise & delight your tastebuds with deliciousness!
Now I should warn you, once you try this Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate there is a high probability that you will fall in love! Because to be honest, I am head-over-heels for this sweet drink!
And what’s worse is that this recipe is too simple to make!! It’s going to be so hard to restrain myself from making this every single night!!
BTW, have you tried Tate+Lyle® products before?
I have tried a variety of their organic sugars in the past, not only in baked good but in drinks too! Tate+Lyle® also has a line of gourmet beverage syrups so that you can enjoy café-style coffee & beverages at home anytime you want!
The best part about Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrups is that there are four delicious flavors to choose from! You can choose between Hazelnut Pure Cane Syrup, Caramel Pure Cane Syrup, Vanilla Pure Cane Syrup, & Zero Calorie Vanilla Syrup.
While my Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate (recipe below) calls for the Tate+Lyle®‘s Caramel Pure Cane Syrup, you better believe I’m going to be making this again (& again) so that I can try it with each one of these delicious flavors!
I love that Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Beverage Syrups artfully blend 100% pure cane sugar & true vanilla, caramel, or hazelnut flavor into their gourmet syrups so that you know you will be consuming a delicious treat!
This Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate is very creamy & blends perfectly with the rich chocolatey & caramel flavor!
My recipe makes a little over 4 cups of Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate goodness. Now I know it will be tempting to consume all 4 cups yourself, in one sitting (the struggle is real), but sharing it with a friend can be a lot of fun too!
Although, if you don’t want to share, you can always drink some now & freeze the rest for later!
- 2 Cups Half & Half *(1)
- 1/4 Cup Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers
- 1/4 Cup Dove Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons Tate+Lyle® Caramel Pure Cane Syrup flavor *(2)
- 3 Cups Ice
- First, bring the 2 cups of half & half to a simmer in a pot. Then add the chocolate & stir constantly until the chocolate has melted.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon white sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, & 2-3 Tablespoons Tate+Lyle® Caramel Pure Cane Syrup flavor to the hot chocolate. *(2)
- Let your caramel hot chocolate cool to room temperature then pour it into a blender with 3 cups of ice & blend until smooth.
- Pour your Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate into two cups, top with whipped cream, caramel syrup, & chocolate syrup. Serve immediately with a straw & spoon. *(3)
- *1. Of course Heavy Whipping Cream would make it Creamier & Whole Milk would be slightly healthier but less creamy.
- *2. Add to taste.
- *3. To make it extra frozen you can chill it in your freezer for 30 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally to keep it smooth.
I’d love to see your Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate!
Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
The Lord is my rock, my fortress & my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield & the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
More recipes from Domestically Blissful:
Affiliate links included in this post.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.