This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DailyVegolutions #CollectiveBias
This Hearty Chipotle Black Bean Soup is full of flavor & is a delicious vegetarian dish everyone will enjoy!
Oh soup, how I love you!
Friday nights are our special soup nights. My husband & I both rrew up enjoying the warmth of soup on Friday nights & after we married we continued the tradition in our home. Although, I should admit that we don’t stop creating new soups once the earth begins to thaw. We often make & eat them all year round!eat
And as this is the first recipe of the new year, I thought I should share something with you that will help you with your goals, is filling, & that your whole family will enjoy! This Hearty Chipotle Black Bean Soup is a quick, easy, flavorful, & delicious recipe that everyone will feel good about eating & be begging for more.
I made sure that this is a quick recipe because I know that even though the holidays are over, there are still never enough hours in the day. And even with a busy schedule, we can still work towards a healthier lifestyle this new year.
So I headed over to Walmart (before the “big” snow storm) & picked up some fresh ingredients to eagerly enjoy throughout our long weekend. We always keep MorningStar Farms® products in our home, as they are a great way to incorporate vegetables into your lifestyle & new years resolutions (or Vegolutions), & this time I also picked up Great Value™ Frozen Whole Kernel Golden Corn, MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ & MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Crumbles™.
And while I shared a recipe for Hearty Chipotle Black Bean Soup with you today using their Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™, I plan on making this again using their Grillers® Crumbles™ when we have little ones over who prefer something a little less spicy.
You could even try this recipe with using MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Chik’n Strips! There are so many delicious options!!
And I have something fun & exciting to tell you! I also have an Ibotta offer for you! If you buy any 3 MorningStar Farms® products at Walmart, you’ll earn $3! (beginning 1/09/2017 through January) Simply click here!
Although Roger & I both grew up vegetarians, my father did not, & he just so happened to stop by while I was taking pictures of this Hearty Chipotle Black Bean Soup. And guess what? He loved this soup too! MorningStar Farms® products are not just for vegetarians, but everyone! From families, busy working people, to general health-conscious people, MorningStar Farms® products are a yummy “as-is” solution for any meal!
And since it is so quick & easy to make, I have a feeling we will be enjoying this Hearty Chipotle Black Bean Soup a lot more in the coming winter (& summer) months!
If you try this soup, I’d love to hear which MorningStar Farms® products you incorporate into your Black Bean Soup!
- 3 cans black beans (15 oz. each) rinsed & drained
- 1 bag Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ (16.2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 lime
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz) *1
- 2 cups Great Value™ Frozen Whole Kernel Golden Corn, thawed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- First, purée 2 cans of the black beans and set to the side.*2
- In a large pot, heat oil at medium high heat and sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes with a pinch of salt & sugar, 1 & 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, &1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Then add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Then add 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 cups thawed corn, all of the black beans, 1 bag Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™, & 6 cups of vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, adding salt & cayenne pepper to taste. *3
- Serve warm & topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, cilantro, & a splash of lime.
- *1. You can use fire roasted or jalepeno diced tomatoes to give it an extra spicy kick.
- *2. If the beans are too thick, add lemon juice to help purée the beans.
- *3. If the soup is too thick simply add more vegetable broth, if it is too thin, simply pure some of the soup with a hand blender or food processor.
What is your favorite MorningStar Farms® products?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G