This mint berry fruit salad is a fresh summer berry salad topped with homemade whipped cream making it perfect for brunch or special occasions.
I’m hungrier than a bear coming out of hibernation right now.
And it probably doesn’t help that I am writing & editing a recipe for Mint Berry Fruit Salad.
I ate lunch (which doubled as breakfast) about 5 hours ago & I’m not sure if I am going to be patient enough to wait until Roger gets home for dinner.
I may need to sneak a snack.
The problem is that I’m craving this Mint Berry Fruit Salad with a big pile of homemade whipped cream & we are all out of berries.
I know there are some frozen blueberries & strawberries in our freezer right now, but that’s just not the same.
I need this crazy simple but absolutely adorable Mint Berry Fruit Salad in my belly right now!
Sorry, I think I’m getting a little hangry.
Luckily, Roger just called (right after I typed that last sentence) & he said he was going to pick us up some pizza for our movie night!
We started our annual summer Star Wars movie marathon last week (in honor of May the Fourth be with You & Return of the Fifth) and last night we began watching Episode II.
Apparently, we are really old these days & can’t watch a whole movie in one sitting.
What can I say, after a good meal I’m ready to sleep?
Although usually about an hour later I’m ready for a snack, like popcorn, chocolate, or this Mint Berry Fruit Salad!
My favorite thing about this Mint Berry Fruit Salad is that it is incredibly easy to whip together & that it is perfect for any occasion.
You can make it for Mother’s Day brunch, a Fourth of July party, or a mid-night snack for two!
And if you love homemade whipped cream as much as I do you may want to make a double batch so that you have extra just for yourself!
I honestly do try to share, but it’s so hard when the whipped cream is so good!
Anyone else have that problem? Comment below if I’m not alone!
- 3 Cups Blackberries
- 3 Cups Blueberries
- 8-12 Strawberries
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Mint, to taste
- Chocolate Shavings, optional
- First, wash & dry all of the fruit.
- Next, cut the strawberries in desired shape & size.
- Place all of the berries in a bowl, add fresh mint to taste, & gently stir until combined.
- In a chilled medium bowl combine the 1 & 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar, & 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract & whisk on the highest speed for 1 minute, or until stiff peeks form.
- Fill each jar with fruit, top with homemade whipped cream, chocolate shavings, & a sprig of mint.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to 1 hour before serving.
- *1. I used 16 ounce jars which can be seen in the pictures. These are large fruit servings and can easily be divided into 8 ounce jars to serve 8 people.
How will you serve your Mint Berry Fruit Salad?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders;
make the most of every opportunity.
Let your conversation be always full of grace,
seasoned with salt,
so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Colossians 4:5-6 NIV
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.