This Pesto Tortellini Salad is filled with asparagus, black olives, artichoke hearts, & sun dried tomato bruschetta making it a flavorful last minute dish for any occasion.
Have you noticed how much I have been posting recently! I’m pretty excited to be able to finally buckle down & get more work done on the front end. As many of you know our whole life, from the end of last summer, through fall, & into winter, was taken over my home renovations. Looking back I haven’t a clue how we did it. It feels like a dream, no, more like a nightmare. We were showering upstairs as there was a large hole in the floor of our master bath, walking on grout splattered subfloors, we had walls that were half demolished, a kitchen that mainly consisted of the table Roger made us, a microwave, & a toaster, & there was paint everywhere.
Then as a little reward for surviving the chaos, we did some traveling this winter, my husband started a new job (& I commute with him), & now it looks like things have settled down enough & I am back to creating 3-4 new posts a week.
And because food is so important in my life, I’m one of those “live to eat” people, at least one new recipe every week is going to be my goal. Last week I shared this Carrot Patch Cake that I made for Easter & this week I thought I would share with you this Pesto Tortellini Salad that I also made for our family Easter gathering.
I’m sorry there is not a lot of variety of photos, I snapped about 20 right before we walked out the door. Easter weekend was busy!!
But back to this Pesto Tortellini Salad!
This is one of those recipes that makes my mouth water every time I think about it. Not only was it a big hit at the party, but it was crazy easy to create. Basically just throwing ingredients together.
I’m thinking I might start making this the night before I go to work with Roger so that we can enjoy it as soon as we get home with no work & minimal to no cleanup!
You could even eat this while it is still hot & then save any leftovers to be enjoyed as a chilled pasta salad the next day. Two meals in one is always a winner!
- 2 Packs Fresh Tortellini (9 ounces each)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Asparagus Bunch
- Artichoke Hearts Drained (12 ounces) (marinated & quartered)
- Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta (10 ounces, but only use half or to taste)
- Sliced Black Olives (3.8 ounces)
- Basil Pesto (7 ounces, but only use half or to taste)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional & to taste)
- First, cook the fresh tortellini according to their instructions & then toss the cooked tortellini in extra virgin olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Next, blanch the asparagus. To do this break off the bottom of the asparagus & boil the remaining tops until al dente & bright green. Shock the asparagus by placing it in a bowl with cold water & ice to stop the cooking process.
- While the asparagus is cooling add the artichoke hearts, sun dried tomato bruschetta, sliced black olives, & pesto to the tortellini.
- Then dry & cut the asparagus. Add it to the bowl of tortellini & carefully mix the whole thing together.
- Let chill for 1-2 hours then enjoy with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
What is your favorite addition to this Pesto Tortellini Salad?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18