This Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce is the perfect recipe for anyone obsessed with the wonderful flavors of fall!
This is the week of pumpkin recipes!
Today I am sharing this Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce & Thursday I will be sharing my Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting that I showed you on Instagram!
Although the pumpkin flavor is not strong in these little fluffy clouds of gnocchi, it is incredibly delicious & a festive way to add gnocchi to a fall meal!
And since the pumpkin is not overly strong, this is a great recipe for anyone who is still warming up to the pumpkin flavor!
Plus you will love the Sage Brown Butter Sauce that accompanies this Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi!
- 1 Egg
- 1 Can of %100 Pure Pumpkin (*1)
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon All Spice
- A Smidgen of Ground Cloves (*2)
- 4-5 Cups All Purpose Flour (*2)
- Smoked Gouda Cheese - Optional
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Sage
- First, combine all of the ingredients (except the flour) in a large bowl & mix well.
- Then add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough becomes too hard to stir.
- Place the pumpkin ricotta gnocchi dough on your counter & continue to add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place a pot of salted water on the stove at medium high heat until it begins to boil, then lower the temperature to medium heat.
- Then take a small handful of the dough & roll it into the shape of rope until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a knife cut the pumpkin dough roll into gnocchi pieces that are about 1/4-1/2 inch wide.
- Continue to roll & cut your gnocchi until you have a batch large enough to cook.
- Place the gnocchi pieces in the water, give it a good stir so they don't stick together.
- Once the gnocchi floats to the top continue to let them cook for another 2-3 minutes then remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Place your cooked pumpkin ricotta gnocchi in a bowl with a little bit of olive oil to keep them from sticking while you cut & cook the rest of your gnocchi.
- Continue this process of rolling, cutting, & cooking until all of your pumpkin ricotta dough is gnocchi.
- To make the Sage Brown Butter Sauce place evenly cut thin slabs of butter in a single layer on a saucepan at medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, continually stir the butter with a wooden spoon in a whisking motion until the butter is just one shade below brown butter.
- Remove the butter from the heat, add 2 tablespoons of sage, & return the butter to the heat, continually stirring for 15-30 more seconds until brown but not burnt.
- Then stir in the Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi & serve warm.
- We also added a sprinkle of smoked gouda cheese to the top of our Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce to add one more texture & flavor to this delicious meal!
- *1. Make sure you are using 100% Pure Pumpkin & not Pumpkin Pie Filling for your gnocchi.
- *2. Yes there is actually a measuring spoon for a Smidgen! See affiliate link below.
- *3.You might need more depending on the stickiness of the dough. If your pumpkin ricotta gnocchi dough is too wet/sticky you run the risk of it falling apart while it is cooking. Flour is your friend.
Dash, Drop, Smidgen, Pinch, Tad Measuring Spoon Set – This is so handy!!
I’d love to see your Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce!
Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
For the word of the Lord is right & true;
He is faithful in all He does.
The Lord loves righteousness & justice;
the earth is full of His unfailing love.