Pumpkin Spice Fruit Leathers are a fall snack that will bring you back to your childhood eating fruit roll ups but in the most festively seasonal way!
It’s been a long time since I’ve shared a new fruit leather recipe, although these Pumpkin Spice Fruit Leathers have been in the back of my mind for a while now.
If it hadn’t been for all of the renovating we were doing last fall, I might have shared this recipe a year ago. But considering our kitchen was completely gutted & consisted of a microwave & toaster on a fold up table last fall, that was pretty much out of the question.
It is amazing how much you can take things for granite until you don’t have them anymore.
Living without a kitchen for 2-3 months was difficult, to say the least. Breakfasts were limited & dinner either consisted of takeout, eating at one of our parent’s houses, or making food at my parent’s house & bringing it home for us to eat or reheat once Roger got home from work.
Glamorous, I know!
Looking back I don’t know how we did it.
Just thinking about the mess that ran from our kitchen to our gutted master bathroom gives me chills!
Praise God the big stuff is done & I have a kitchen to cook & bake in again! Fall is my favorite time for creating & sharing new recipes & I’m so excited to have a newly renovated kitchen to create in this year!
And if you are interested in seeing the before & after, check out our kitchen renovation by clicking here!
But I know you aren’t here to read about our kitchen. Instead, you want something to fill your kitchen with the sweet aroma of fall. And these Pumpkin Spice Fruit Leathers are sure to bring you joy in both the smell & taste!
Now you should know this isn’t your average fruit leather. And while pumpkin is technically a fruit, it’s not like a normal fruit where you cut it open & immediately start munching on the sweet center, like a watermelon. Well, at least I don’t do that with a pumpkin!
So while I did add sugar to sweeten up these Pumpkin Spice Fruit Leathers, they aren’t super sweet but rather filled with aromatic spices & a hint of sweetness.
Honestly, I have no idea how to describe the flavor of pumpkin spice, but if you love pumpkin spice, you will know the flavor when you taste & smell these Pumpkin Spice Fruit Leathers!
- 2 Cans Pumpkin Puree (3 & 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- First, blend the pumpkin puree, water, sugar, & pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the blended pumpkin mixture on a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil*(1) & spread evenly with a spatula.*(2)
- Place in your oven, at 200ºF or the lowest temperature possible (recommended 175ºF), for 4-6 hours until the leather is no longer mushy or sticky. *(3)
- Remove the Pumpkin Spice Fruit Leather from the foil & onto a piece of parchment paper. Cut the fruit leather with a pizza cutter, roll it up, & tie it with string.
- *1. You can also use a Silpat.
- *2. Try to keep it away from the edges so that it will be easier to pull off later.
- *3. If your Pumpkin Spice Fruit Leather begins to crack after the first hour or two, remove it from the oven, lightly spray the top with cooking oil & then softly close the cracks pulling the sides together with a spatula or roll it with a rolling pin. You might need to do this a 2-3 times throughout the slow baking process.
- *4. Keep stored in a sealed container for 5-7 days.
What is your favorite way to enjoy the flavor of pumpkin spice?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
The Lord is exalted over all the nations,
his glory above the heavens.