Pumpkin Spice Muffin Tops are an easy breakfast treat that fills your home with the delicious scent of fall! They are perfect for Thanksgiving brunch too!
At the end of last month, I went on the hunt for fresh pumpkin.
Yes, I am openly admitting to looking for whole pumpkins at the end of July.
I went into one of our local grocery stores, thinking they might have some in the gourd section, but no, they didn’t.
I asked two men who were stocking vegetables nearby if they had any fresh pumpkin. They gave me a funny look & said no.
Haha… Slighly awkward!
But I wasn’t ready to give up!
I then called another local grocery store (while I was still standing in the produce section) that I regularly frequent because I was 99.9% sure that they always had a few fresh pumpkins in their squash/gourd section.
I was majorly wrong!
When I asked if they had any, he acted like I was crazy. I asked when they would be getting their first shipment & his response was “in the fall!”
I thanked him & hung up feeling
a little very silly.
But hey, Hobby Lobby already has Christmas decor!
Oh, & the grocery store I was standing in was already selling faux pumpkin decor too!! So it’s not like I was totally off base with my hope that they had fresh pumpkins.
So I quickly changed gears & sought out canned pure pumpkin & loaded my cart up with 4 or 5 of them. I knew I already had 2 at home, but with fall quickly approaching I didn’t want to run out.
And believe it or not, I have already had to go back to the store to buy more!!
Addicted? Why yes, yes I am!
However just a few years ago I didn’t like pumpkin at all! I slowly learned to like pumpkin spice & now I am just about as basic as you can get when it comes to pumpkin!
And if you are wanting to try some more blissfully fall pumpkin recipes I have some basics like Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting which I then made a twist on them to create Soft Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies.
And in case anyone is curious, chocolate & pumpkin together is amazing!!
I also have recipes for Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies, Pumpkin Spice Fruit Leathers, & so much more!
But I know what you really came here for is this Pumpkin Spice Muffin Tops recipe. These fall muffins look & taste just like fall! And the smell of baking pumpkin will fill your home with the most delicious of fall smells!
And if the pictures alone don’t make your mouth water, I hope you try these Pumpkin Spice Muffin Tops, because they will quickly become a fall favorite.
Chances are, you will be making these muffins over & over again. They are perfectly light & yet filled with all of the wonderful pumpkin spice flavors.
I’m already planning on making them for Thanksgiving breakfast!
Although I will probably also make them a half a dozen times between now & then too!
***Update: It’s only the first week of October & I’ve already made this recipe more times than I can count! And I even recreated this recipe into Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Swirl Muffin Tops, which you will absolutely love!!
- 2 & 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar*(1) (Packed)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 (15 ounce) Can Pure Pumpkin
- 2 Large Eggs
- 8 Tablespoons Melted Butter (Cooled)
- Powdered Sugar - Optional
- Cinnamon - Optional
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (*2)
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, & 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice.
- In a separate bowl mix 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 can pure pumpkin, 2 large eggs, & 8 tablespoons cooled melted butter.
- Create a funnel in the dry ingredients & pour the liquid mixture into the center. Mix with a spoon until combined.
- Place 1/8-1/4 cup dollops of the muffin batter, 1-2 inches apart, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake your Pumpkin Spice Muffin Tops for 10-15 minutes. (*4)
- Let cool on a wire rack & sprinkle with powdered sugar & cinnamon as desired.
- Enjoy! (*5)
- *1. I prefer to use dark brown sugar, but light brown sugar works good too.
- *2. To ensure your oven is at the right temperature for baking, preheat your oven before you start so that it will continue to warm up an additional 5-10 minutes before you place your muffins in the oven.
- *3. Don't over mix. Some lumps are normal.
- *4. When a toothpick comes out clean your muffin tops are done baking.
- *5. Store your muffins in a lightly sealed container for up to a week. These muffins have a tendency to have a lot of moisture for keeping it in a closed container can cause it to become too moist.
What is your favorite way to enjoy pumpkins in the fall?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end.
Psalm 48:14 NIV
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.