Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Goat Cheese is a simply delicious fall salad covered in warm flavors and topped with homemade honey apple cider salad dressing.
I recently realized I have been sharing a lot of sweet fall recipes.
Somehow 4 of the last 15 recipes I have created have all been sweet. I’d wonder at how that is possible, but I have a pretty big sweet tooth.
Luckily my mother instilled good hygiene in me or else my husband/dentist would probably get on to me, it also helps that he eats the sweets with me. Although I should admit, I eat more than my share!
So I set out to make a delicious new fall salad recipe. And while there are some sweet elements, like the honey apple cider dressing, I made sure there are lots of savory & salty flavors too!
And even though this is a healthier recipe (I mean it has to be healthy, it’s a salad, right?), the butternut squash is roasted with a bit of brown sugar, so you also get a little bit of sweetness coming through there too.
Even still, this is totally a savory recipe! Right?
Oh & that goat cheese! YUM!
Pretty much any recipe with goat cheese in it is going to be a winner in my book!
When Roger came home from work I was just finishing up photographing this beautiful fall salad with roasted butternut squash. It is so big we were able to make it into a meal for us, with leftovers.
So although we ate this goat cheese butternut squash salad as our meal it could easily be a side dish or appetizer for 4-5 people.
And let me tell you, the salad dressing is light & pairs perfectly with the flavors of this salad. Even my picky husband loved it!
I’m thinking I might make this again for our Friendsgiving lunch or maybe even one of our two Thanksgiving dinners so that even more people can enjoy it with us!
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Walnuts Ingredients
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts (or Pecans)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Honey Apple Cider Dressing Ingredients
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Pepper
- Salad Ingredients
- 5 Ounces Spinach & Arugula Mix
- 1/4-1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 Ounces Goat Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl mix 2 cups butternut squash, 3/4 cup walnuts, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil & sprayed with oil spread out the butternut squash & nuts & bake for 20-25 minutes until the butternut squash is tender.
- While the butternut squash & walnuts are roasting add 4 tablespoons apple cider, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 pinch salt, & 1 pinch pepper in a small jar. Shake well before serving.
- Remove from oven & let cool.
- In a large bowl add the spinach arugula mix, top with the roasted butternut squash, cranberries, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, & dressing.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
What is your favorite fall salad?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
“The work of God is this: to believe in the one He has sent.”
John 6:29 NIV
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.