I know it’s a little late to be thinking about food – 8:57 pm to be exact – but who isn’t thinking about their next meal at this time?
I’ve realized lately that I haven’t shared with you some of my simplest go-to meals that I eat on a regular basis, so I thought it was about time that I shared them with you! Although I love to eat and cook, sometimes I just want something simple so I can get back to whatever I am in the middle of doing. In the morning that usually means something with eggs.
This Simple Open Face Breakfast Sandwich is one of my favorite go-to breakfast meals that will leave your tastebuds happy and your belly satisfied.
- 1/2 English Muffin or a Slice of Bread
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 Roma Tomato
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Dash of Herbs de Provence
- Havarti Cheese - optional
- Basil - optional
- First, spray an egg pan with oil, scramble your egg in a small bowl, and then pour it into your egg pan cooking the egg at medium heat.
- While the egg is cooking lightly toast your slice of bread. Dice your tomato and place it in a small bowl and mix in the salt, pepper, and herbs de provence.
- Once the egg is cooked to your liking, place the cheese then the egg on top of the bread, then add the fresh tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with basil and enjoy!
- I cut the edges of my egg for the pictures to make it look prettier but I usually just place the egg on the muffin and let it hang over the sides.
- I love havarti cheese, but you can use whatever you like or whatever is on hand!
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.