This shop/post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #ServeWithACoke #CollectiveBias
This Smoked Mozzarella Dip is filled with creamy flavors & is the perfect warm appetizer for any party or family gathering!
Last Christmas we held our first annual Christmas day dinner in our home with both sides of our family.
All throughout dental school we dreamed of the day we would move back to Chattanooga, buy a house, & host our whole family for an Italian Christmas dinner celebration. And last year that dream finally came true!
Fast forward one year later & we are preparing for our last Christmas in our first house. What?
Yes! You heard that right!
We made an offer on a piece of land that we love & the offer was accepted. Hopefully, we will close in January & begin building late February early March. Which means next Christmas our family will be gathering in a brand new home with lots of room. Which is pretty important since Roger’s family keeps growing.
We are currently at 29 family members coming for dinner.
I had to count twice to make sure that number is right. Goodness, I didn’t realize our family has grown so much!
Luckily, I’ve already started on the dinner menu. Since the theme is Italian for dinner we will have pasta, bread, salad, & all the usual goodness. And not so surprisingly Roger is trying to convince me that we should make homemade pasta & homemade gnocchi.
Which means everything else we make needs to be dishes that can be prepared ahead of time!
Which brings me to this crazy delicious Smoked Mozzarella Dip paired with Coca-Cola™ in classic glass bottles.
Seriously, it is insanely good.
It’s meant to be for 6-8 people. But if you love cheese as much as I do you may end up eating half of it yourself… I totally didn’t do that!
Well, truthfully I did. Halfway through photographing this cheesy dish, I sat on the floor, in the middle of our living room, dipping slice after slice of bread into this hot dip while sipping on a glass of Coca-Cola. And since there was Christmas music playing in the background you know I was doing a happy dance!
Literally, as I was walking what was left of this dish back into the kitchen I did a little dance for joy.
This is going to be a smash hit at our party this year!
And luckily this recipe is crazy easy. You basically mix all the cheese together, bake, garnish, & enjoy! I plan on having it hot & ready to enjoy the minute the first guest arrives through our door.
But let’s face it. The Miller’s are notoriously late. Last year we told everyone 5:30 & the first guests didn’t arrive until well after 6 pm!
And then it took at least a half hour for all of them to show up.
But we expected as much, I even told my side of the family there was no rush to arrive & that they could come over whenever, & that dinner would probably not begin until around 6:30.
So we will need a good & cheesy appetizer & cold Coca-Cola glass bottle drinks to begin the celebration while we wait for everyone to arrive. And while we had bread & olive oil dip last year to tie us over until dinner, I think this pre-meal treat will be a huge upgrade in the flavor department!
Seriously though, this may just be the most incredible cheese dip & it pairs perfectly with the classic bubbly taste of Coca-Cola.
And I just love the glass bottles & I know my father-in-law will too!
It’s going to feel like we stepped into one of those old classic Coca-Cola commercials come Christmas evening as we sip on Coca-Cola from glass bottles with twinkle lights all around us. Those were always my favorite commercials at Christmas time, especially the ones with the Polar Bears!
I can’t wait!!
Now if only I can remember to send out our Christmas invitations today!
You can find the recipe for this Smoked Mozzarella Dip below & learn more about Coca-Cola in the classic glass bottles here.
- 1 Cup Shredded Smoked Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Shredded Italian Cheese
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Pepper
- 1 Roma Tomato, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, finally chopped
- 1 Baguette Loaf
- First, preheat your oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit & spray a pie dish with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella, 1 cup shredded Italian cheese, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 pinch salt, & 1 pinch pepper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into your pie dish & flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted & golden on top.
- While the cheese dip is baking slice the baguette & place it on a baking sheet sprayed with oil.
- Bake the baguette for the last 5 minutes in the oven with the cheese dip.
- Remove the bread & broil the cheese dip for 1-2 minutes if desired.
- Top with chopped tomato & fresh parsley & serve warm with the toasted baguette slices.
What is your favorite appetizer to pair with Coca-Cola?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
More Domestically Blissful Recipes: