S’mores Apple Slices are a combination of two classic fall recipes with a fun twist that makes it even easier to eat this season!
Remember that time, a few years ago, when I made these Caramel Apple Slices?
Well, they were a huge hit!
To date they are the most popular recipe on my blog! It even has nearly 1 million pins on Pinterest!
I spent a bunch of time in recipe development for that post (which might sound funny for a simple recipe but wet apples & caramel are a mess!!), & I praise God so many people have enjoyed it!
And since the Caramel Apple Slices has had so interaction & engagement I decided that I would write a whole new post dedicated to tips, tricks, & advice on how to create the perfect Caramel Apple Slices along with fun ways to enjoy them this fall.
I’ll be sharing this fun new post this Thursday! So be sure to stay tuned & subscribe!
Since you all loved the Caramel Apple Slices so much, I decided to recreate them, with a twist & create these S’mores Apple Slices. And if you can’t stand the idea eating an apple without caramel this season you could even make S’mores Caramel Apple Slices.
And as you can see, I am one of those individuals who needs caramel with my apples.
I had such a hard time deciding which type I liked better I ended up eating way more than my share!
But hey, it’s fruit! That makes it healthy right?
These S’mores Apple Slices make for perfect fall snacks & would be a great treat at a fall party or even a fall wedding shower! They are easy to hold & eat so even little hands can enjoy this festive twist on two fall classics.
And since they are so easy to make you could even have your little ones help you top their S’mores Apple Slices with the crushed graham crackers & marshmallow bits.
I have a feeling you are going to love how quick & easy these are to make. They are so easy you could make several batches of S’mores Apple Slices, S’mores Caramel Apple Slices, & the classic twist – Caramel Apple Slices, all in under an hour!
And if you love them as much as me, you will probably eat them all in under an hour too!
- White or Wooden Lollipop Sticks
- Melting Chocolate
- Marshmallow Bits
- Chopped Graham Crackers
- First wash & slice your apples, remove all the seeds (very important), insert the stick at the bottom, & pat the apple slices dry.
- Cover each apple slice in melted chocolate & place on a piece of wax paper to dry. While the chocolate is still wet, top with marshmallow bits & chopped graham crackers.
- Continue this process until all of your apples are covered in chocolate, marshmallows, & graham crackers.
- Let harden & enjoy! (*1)
- *1. These Sliced Caramel Apples can be made the day before & left in your fridge on wax paper until you need them the next day. Just don't forget to note the 5 tips mentioned in my recipe post.
- More Tips
- 1. Cut thick apple slices so the stick stays secure. Approximately 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick works great.
- 2. Make sure to pat down the apples to soak up any extra apple juice.
- 3. Allow some of the chocolate to drip onto the stick, this will act as a sort of edible glue that holds the stick & apple together.
- 4. I also recommend that you make them & eat them in the same day. The longer they sit the greater chance for a weeping apple slice, which will cause the yummy coating to break or slide off in some areas.
What is your favorite way to enjoy apples in the fall?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
May you be blessed by the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
More Domestically Blissful Recipes: