S’mores Pumpkin Spice Cookies are the perfect combination of two of your favorite fall flavors!
I would love to get into all the details of our weekend. How Roger had Friday off & we bought our first car. That we went creek walking & driving through Cades Cove on Saturday. And then on Sunday we went rafting down the Hiwassee river. But all I can think about are these S’mores Pumpkin Spice Cookies!
Get in my belly!!
Oh wait, they already did! I ate so many of them & yet I still want s’more!
Do you have a special food that you can smell & taste just by seeing a picture or thinking about it? For me it is pumpkin spice cookies! And since fall is here (Labor day signifies the end of summer, right?) I thought it was time to make, eat, & share pumpkin spice cookies.
But since I have already shared this recipe for Pumpkins Spice Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting, & this recipe for Soft Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies I knew I needed to do a little something different & extra special this year.
So I started brainstorming about fall’s most popular & favorite flavors & how to create the most epic fall cookie recipe for you.
Of course that only took about 0.02 seconds. Pumpkin Spice & S’mores. DUH!!
The combination is so perfect I don’t understand why there aren’t a million S’mores Pumpkin Spice Cookie recipes floating around Pinterest. I also don’t understand why I hadn’t made this perfect fall cookie recipe until this year. And I really don’t understand why I don’t always keep a fresh batch of these soft & scrumptious cookies on our kitchen counter!
What is wrong with me???
Oh wait, I remember, that’s because we don’t have a kitchen counter (or kitchen for that matter), or floors, or a master bathroom. Everything has been ripped out! Oh the joys of living through home renovations!!
As soon as I have a real kitchen again I am going to be baking up a storm!! And most pumpkin spice everything!
Luckily, I can get my pumpkin spice fill through a lot of different avenues, even without a working kitchen. I might even need to peruse my Pumpkin Spice Everything blog post so that I can get my hands on some pumpkin spice paraphernalia. You can never have too many pumpkin spice sweaters or mugs, right?
Now if only I could find a S’mores Pumpkin Spice drink to put in my mug to enjoy with these S’mores Pumpkin Spice Cookies! Yes, I’m obsessed!! But if you try this recipe I promise you will be addicted too!
- 1 Cup Room Temperature Salted Butter – 2 Sticks
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Can 100% Pure Pumpkin (15 ounces) *(1)
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/8th Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon All Spice
- 2 Pinches Salt
- 1 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- First, preheat the oven to 375º & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, & 1 cup white sugar. Then with a spoon mix in the 1 can of pure pumpkin & 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Sift 5 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon all spice, 2 pinches of salt into the pumpkin mixture & stir until combined.
- Then stir in the 1 cups of chocolate chips & 1 cup of marshmallows until they are evenly dispersed.
- Scoop the S'mores Pumpkin Spice Cookie dough onto your baking sheet using a medium (1/8 cup) cookie scoop & leave 1-2 inches between each cookie for spreading. *(2)
- Using your fingers press down on the top of each cookie so that the cookie dough is flat & evenly distributed. *(3)
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven & let cool. If you weren't able to bake all of the cookies at once, let the baking sheet cool before scooping more batter onto the sheet.
- Keep your S'mores Pumpkin Spice Cookies in a loosely sealed container for up to a week at room temperature.
- *1. Make sure to use Pure Pumpkin, not Pumpkin Pie Filing.
- *2. I add a few extra pieces of chocolate chips & marshmallows on top of each cookie so that they look extra pretty when they are done baking.
- *3. These cookies don't spread like normal cookies do, if you don't flatten the cookies you might end up with a snowball shaped cookie. You can see a picture of how they should look in my Pumpkin Spice Cookie recipe linked in my post.
I’d love to hear what you think of these S’mores Pumpkin Spice Cookies!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, G
Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.