Pumpkin spice season is finally here!
I have already shared several pumpkin inspired posts this season & technically Autumn doesn’t even begin until the 23rd.
Am I obsessed? Yes! Am I ok with that? Completely. What’s not to love!?
And oh how I love Pumpkin Spice Cookies!!
I have been waiting such a long time to make pumpkin spice cookies, I almost broke down several times this summer to make them.
Somehow I managed to have a little self restraint, but no more. I am going to consume as many Pumpkin Spice Cookies as I can during the holiday season & I have already eaten more than my fair share of these Soft Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Last fall I transformed my husband’s family’s pumpkin (raisin) cookie recipe into Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting & this year I have piggybacked off of that recipe to create these Soft Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies.
My husband was a bit leery at first, before I had even made them he had decided that pumpkin & chocolate would not be a good mix.
Yeah. He was wrong. He admits it.
These Soft Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies are crazy good & I won’t even try to count how many I have ate in the last few days. Not only are these cookies super soft, to the point that they melt in your mouth, but they fill your home with the best of holiday smells & are packed full of melty chocolatey goodness.
Soft Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect recipe for chocoholics who are obsessed with pumpkin spice everything!
- 1 Cup Room Temperature Salted Butter – 2 Sticks
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Can 100% Pure Pumpkin (15 ounces) (*1)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 5 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/8th Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon All Spice
- 2 Pinches Salt
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- First, preheat the oven to 375º & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, & 1 cup white sugar. Then with a spoon mix in the 1 can of pure pumpkin & 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Sift 5 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon all spice, 2 pinches of salt into the pumpkin mixture & stir until combined.
- Then stir in the 2 cups of chocolate chips until they are evenly dispersed.
- Scoop the pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookie dough onto your baking sheet using a medium - 1/8 cup - cookie scoop & leave 1-2 inches between each cookie for spreading. Using your fingers press down on the top of each cookie so that the cookie dough is flat & evenly distributed. (*2)
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven & let cool. If you weren't able to bake all of the cookies at once, let the baking sheet cool before scooping more batter onto the sheet.
- Keep your Soft Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies in a loosely sealed container for up to a week at room temperature.
- *1. Make sure to use Pure Pumpkin, not Pumpkin Pie Filing.
- *2. These cookies don't spread like normal cookies do, if you don't flatten the cookies you might end up with a snowball shaped cookie. You can see a picture of how they should look in my Pumpkin Spice Cookie recipe linked in my post.
I’d love to see your Soft Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
May the God of hope fill you with all joy & peace in believing,
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
More recipes by Domestically Blissful