These easy homemade Strawberries & Cream Popsicles are a fun & delicious way to cool off while enjoying your favorite summer fruit!
Last week was busy! We babysat oy sister-in-law’s 4 children for 48 hours & then to celebrate Roger reaching his first-month goal at his new office we celebrated by going to the beach for a quick weekend trip.ld
On our way home on Sunday we decided to drive down memory lane & travel through Birmingham, where we lived while Roger was in dental school. We ate at one of our favorite Birmingham restaurants & drove past the little townhouse we lived in for almost 3 out of the 4 years of dental school. I love reminiscing with Roger about the last 9+ years of our life together! It’s been an adventure, that’s for sure!
But at the very beginning of this busy week, I decided to make Strawberries & Cream Popsicles!
Have you ever tried something for the first time & immediately thought “this is not good!”?
That happened to me the moment I took my first bite of one of these Strawberries & Cream Popsicles. The only problem is that I didn’t think this because I thought these Strawberries & Cream Popsicles didn’t taste good, quiet the opposite. They were so incredibly good that I immediately knew that I was going to ration how many I shared with my 3 nieces & nephew (whom I had promised them to) so that I could hoard more for myself.
Is that bad?
And I probably shouldn’t admit how many I ate while they napped & I photographed these delicious little beauties. So I won’t, but I will say it was probably more than I should have eaten in one sitting. They are just so good!
I started with 18, the kids ate 4, & now, only one week later (after being gone for the whole weekend), there are only 3 or 4 left.
And I probably also shouldn’t confess that I may or may not have been eating them for breakfast. Hey, strawberry is a fruit, right?
I bought the popsicle molds a couple of months ago from IKEA with plans to create a few specific recipes this summer, but I couldn’t help but start with this creamy fruity recipe. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of a lot of yummy summer popsicles. And I promise to share my favorite recipes with you here!
And since the strawberry season has just begun I foresee a lot more Strawberries & Cream Popsicles in our future!
- 3 Cups Strawberries (Hulled & Halved)
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the strawberries in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. *(1)
- Drizzle the strawberries with honey & bake for 15-20 minutes until the strawberries are soft.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes or until room temperature.
- Once cool pour the honey roasted strawberries (juice & all) into a food processor, pulse blend a few times to create a slightly chunky strawberry mixture, & set to the side for later use.
- In a chilled medium bowl*(2) combine the 1 & 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar, & 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract & whisk on the highest speed for 1 minute, or until stiff peeks form.
- Next, layer the whipped cream & strawberry mixture into your popsicle mold, a few spoonfuls at a time, swirling with a knife or toothpick as desired. *(3)
- Freeze for 30 minutes, add popsicle sticks, & then continue freezing for 3-4 hours until the Strawberries & Cream Popsicles are completely frozen.
- Once frozen, remove the Strawberries & Cream Popsicles from the mold & enjoy! *(4)
- *1. I recommend you use a rimmed baking sheet so that the strawberry juice does not spill over into your oven.
- *2. I placed my bowl in the freezer before beginning this recipe so that it is really cold by the time I get to this step.
- *3. Be sure to gently drop/shake the popsicle molds on your counter to prevent air bubbles.
- *4. A quick & easy way to remove the Strawberries & Cream Popsicles is by running the popsicle mold under warm water for a few seconds.
What is your favorite kind of popsicle?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord;
It shall rejoice in His salvation.
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.