Strawberry Banana Bread is a pink twist with fresh sweet flavor on a classic recipe.
A few weeks ago I went strawberry picking for the first time with my 2 sister-in-laws & their little ones. I’ve been to many apple orchards over the years, although more so as a child, but I had never been strawberry picking before & I was extremely excited.
Before leaving on this strawberry adventure I made a deal with Roger not to come home with a carload full of strawberries because there is no way the two of us could eat an enormous amount of strawberries before they go bad. And so I was determined to try my hardest not to pick too many.
HAHA. That didn’t happen!
I felt like a kid in a candy store with no supervision.
It was a good thing my little nieces were distracted by picking flowers about five minutes into strawberry picking or else I might have plowed over them in search of the hidden pink treasures. Just kidding, but seriously, I was on a strawberry picking spree!
I ended up picking 2 & 1/2 buckets of strawberries, which isn’t too bad for a newbie strawberry picker, but I knew I couldn’t bring them all home. So I shared one bucket with my family & saved 1 & 1/2 buckets for me because I couldn’t part with any more of those little pink treasures.
The only problem is that 1 & 1/2 buckets of strawberries were still too many for the two of us to eat. So I knew I needed to create a few new strawberry recipes to help use up all of the strawberries before they went bad.
So on top of the 2-3 Fresh Strawberry Vanilla Milkshakes, I also made a few new recipes to share with you all over the next few weeks! Which brings us to this Strawberry Banana Bread!
And I’ll let you in on a little secret, I may like this Strawberry Banana Bread more than regular banana bread because it’s filled with sweet pink berries! Plus it looks so pretty!
Next week I will be sharing another new strawberry recipe, but if you can’t wait until then, be sure to also check out these Strawberries & Cream Popsicles! And don’t forget to subscribe or follow me on Pinterest & Instagram so you don’t miss out on any of these yummy new recipes!
- 4 Large Over Ripened Bananas*(1)
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter Room Temperature
- 2 Large Egg
- 4 Heaping Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Sliced Strawberries Tossed in 3 Tablespoons of Flour
- First, spray the bread pans with oil & preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenhigt.
- Mash the bananas on a plate, removing any bad spots, & set them to the side.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients, except the sugar, in a bowl and set to the side.
- In a separate bowl blend the 1 cup of sugar & the 1/2 cup of butter into a nice cream. Then add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in 4 heaping tablespoons sour cream & 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Mix the mashed bananas into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until combined, & do not over mix.
- Fold in your flour covered strawberries & pour your banana bread mixture into the bread pan & bake for 25 minutes. Once golden brown cover with foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- *1. I often use defrosted frozen bananas, just be sure to remove any excess water.
What is your favorite way to eat fresh picked strawberries?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom & knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments, & His paths beyond tracing out!
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.