Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad is overflowing with fresh flavor & is the perfect addition to any summer meal!
This weekend flew by so quickly & I’m already ready for next weekend!
On Saturday we had 2 picnics. YES, two!
One with family & friends for lunch & even in the shade I felt like I was melting from the sun. And another one with just family by the river to celebrate my sister-in-law’s birthday. Then on Sunday we ran errands & finished putting together the staircase railing, which you may have seen on my Instagram Stories.
Now all that’s left with that project is to paint the staircase railing, which I will hopefully have done by the end of this week before Memorial Day weekend.
Oh, & I keep forgetting, we also need to replace the carpet with wood floors on the staircase…
We haven’t decided if we are going to DIY it, or if it’s one of those projects that’s best to hire a professional. My vote is to have it professionally done, but that might just be because a year of home renovations has been enough to last me a lifetime!
But I don’t want to think about that right now.
So instead, let’s focus on to this Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad!
Because if anything can brighten up a long list of home renovation to-dos, it’s going to be a new strawberry recipe! And this one is so quick, light, & refreshing! The colors alone make me very happy!
I’ve noticed recently that I’ve made a lot of pasta salad recipes for you all. I’m not really sure where this habit came from, but it seems I am addicted to pasta salad!
In March, I shared this Quick Homemade Gnocchi Caprese Salad.
In April, I shared this Pesto Tortellini Salad.
And today I will be sharing with you a new recipe for Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad!
And while I don’t have any more pasta salad recipes planned in the near future, I do have one more new strawberry recipe in store for you next week. But until then, we can enjoy this Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad together.
- 2 Cups Uncooked Pasta
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Sliced Strawberries
- Mini Mozzarella (8 oz)
- Fresh Basil (Chiffonade) (.75 oz)
- First, cook the pasta according to their instructions. Once al dente, drain the pasta, run it under cold water (to stop the cooking process), & place the drained pasta in a serving bowl.
- Next, stir in the sliced strawberries & mini mozzarella.
- Let the Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad chill for 1-2 hours then mix in the fresh basil, top with balsamic, & enjoy!
- *1. If you prefer thickened balsamic (as pictured) simply pour the balsamic in a pan & bring it to a simmer at medium heat, then reduce the heat to low & let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened. I reduce between 1/4 & 1/3 cup, but it depends on how much balsamic reduction you desire.
What is your favorite way to fresh strawberries?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
We praise you, God,
we praise you, for your Name is near;
people tell of your wonderful deeds.
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
faith, food, home & travel.