Over the last month I have seen an increase in views for these Thin and Crispy French Fries. So much so that I thought it must be time for a new Transformation Tuesday & a complete makeover of this post.
While the recipe remains the same, I have updated the pictures & formatted the recipe to my newer format.
The description is in the name of these french fries. They really are Thin and Crispy French Fries! And did I mention they are delicious?!
Thin and Crispy French Fries make a great snack & a yummy homemade side to veggie burgers!
Now on to the original post.
A few Friday nights ago my husband and I were making Havarti Potato Soup and we had an extra potato so my husband decided to cut them into thin little slivers and deep fry them in our egg pan. I thought he was crazy… I was majorly wrong!
A few of the original photos.
These Thin and Crispy French Fries were so perfectly golden and crispy – even better than that stuff you’ll find fast food joints! So I decided I would make them again so that I could share the deep fried goodness with you!
- 1 Russet Potato
- Vegetable Oil (*1)
- First, heat the oil in a small pan on your stove over medium high heat (*2) & cut the Russet potato into little shoestring slivers.
- Once the oil is hot start placing the potato slivers in the hot oil in small batches (*3)
- Fry the shoestring potatoes slivers until golden brown on all sides. (*4)
- Place the golden Thin and Crispy French Fries on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the extra oil & add salt to taste. (*5)
- Enjoy your fresh Thin and Crispy French Fries with your favorite condiments!
- *1. You only need enough oil to cover the potatoes.
- *2. We used an egg pan with about ¼-1/3 cup of oil.
- *3. Warning Hot Oil Please Be Careful.
- *4. Frying time will depend on the heat of the oil and how many potato slivers you fry in each batch. It took ours about 5 minutes.
- *5 I used small tongs to flip the fries & remove them from the hot oil.
I’d love to see your Thin and Crispy French Fries! Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
Better to be lowly and have a servant
than to play the great man and lack bread.
Affiliate links included.