10 simple ways to emphasize Christ at Easter with your friends, family, & community.
Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the weather, all of the beautiful colors, & most of all I love Easter! Easter has been one of my top 3 favorite days of the year for well over a decade now & I’ll be sharing why I love & participate in Easter next Wednesday!
But until then I thought I would create a list of 10 Ways to Emphasize Christ at Easter.
While bunnies, pastel colors, & candies are nice, nothing compares to the beautiful, awe-inspiring, & humbling knowledge of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross for us & His power to not only defeat sin, but death. He rose from the dead! It’s a powerful message of hope, faith, & love that deserves to be front & center in our lives every day of the year, & especially on Easter weekend!
1. Have an Agape dinner Friday night with your friends & family.
2. Read Old Testament Bible verses that prophesy about the death & resurrection of Jesus.
3. Attend a special Easter service at your church.
4. Participate in or attend a passion of the Christ play.
5. Watch The Robe (or similar classic biblical movie) Saturday night of Easter weekend.
6. Get up at sunrise on Easter & read John 20:1-18 about the Son Rise.
7. Invite your friends & family to an Easter brunch to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.
8. Fill baskets & plastic eggs with spiritual things. A few ideas include Bibles, devotionals, bible verse coloring books or pages, & Christian CDs or movies.
We don’t have children yet, but if you have children & have created Easter baskets & filled plastic eggs I would love to hear how you filled them with your faith in the comments below!
10. Go to a park with your family & friends to pass out Happy Easter cards with Bible verses (or printables) in them.
I’d love to hear how you emphasize Christ in Easter!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, G
Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood,
He Himself likewise shared in the same,
that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
ps. If you are looking for Easter printables I have a little collection with several adorable faith inspired options, click here to see them.
More Confessions from Domestically Blissful:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.