This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GlissHairRepair #CollectiveBias
10 fun & beautiful ways to wear flowers in your hair for wherever the summer sun takes you!
I can have a hard time being creative when it comes time to doing my hair in the morning.
There are so many beautiful hair tutorials online, but whenever I have a little extra time to be creative I end up confused & frustrated.
On day’s where I leave the house I often curl my hair with a flatiron, but too often I will simply throw it up in a bun or ponytail & call it a day. This happens almost daily since I work from home.
And while it is super easy it does become a little repetitive & boring.
Plus, constantly pulling your hair up in the same way & spot can weaken & damage your hair, which none of us want!
And on top of damage from repetitive hairstyles, bleach, hair dye, blow-dryers, flatirons, & curling irons, we also have the added damage of general summer dry-out, chlorine pools, & UV rays from extensive hours out in the sun.
Just thinking about what our hair goes through in the summer makes me want to hide my hair. But there is definitely a better solution than hiding indoors! Recently I’ve started using Gliss™ Hair Repair which is a new-to-the-US-market hair care line focusing on hair repair.
These Gliss™ products are scientifically designed & tested to deliver proven, measurable results in repairing hair, whether the damage is from styling, coloring, activity, or the nature of the hair itself. And guess what? You can find them at Walmart!
Currently, I am using the Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Moisture Shampoo, Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Moisture Conditioner, & the Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultimate Moisture Anti-Breakage Treatment to repair my dry & damaged hair.
There are currently 5 Gliss™ sub-lines available, each with a specific benefit in addition to hair repair ranging from extra volume to color guard.
I love the scent & the packaging of these beneficial products! They match perfectly in our white & gray color scheme bathroom!
So to show off the incredible hair repair abilities of Gliss™ I am going to try to start styling my hair more often & since it’s summertime what better way to style your hair than with flowers!
I decided to create 10 quick & easy ways to enjoy summer flowers in your hair. You can use fresh flowers cut right from your backyard or use faux flowers that will last for many years to come. So when summer adventure calls you can quickly be out the door & on your way to making new memories with your fabulously healthy flower hair!
And if you want to try these fun new products you can SAVE $5.00 off TWO (2) Schwarzkopf® GLISS™ Shampoo or Conditioner or Treatment by clicking here!
1. Sporadically & Purposefully Placed – You can place one flower behind your ear or place a lot of little flowers throughout your hair! The flower can easily be held by a clip or pin if it keeps sliding out.
2. Flower Crown – You could use fresh or faux flowers to create your own unique flower crown.
3. Clip – I used a faux flower secured with hot glue to a clip.
4. Hairband – Also, a faux flower secured with hot glue to a hairband.
5. Comb – I hot glued two types of faux flowers & a few faux leaves to the comb.
6. Bobby Pin – You can create a variety of these for different occasions by hot gluing little flowers to bobby pins..
7. On a Hat – Find an inexpensive hat, “pull it to pieces,” as Jane Austen’s Lydia Bennet would suggest, & then decorate it with your favorite summer flowers.
8. Headband – Faux flowers attached with hot glue.
9. Headwrap – Since it’s summer, finding a pretty flower pattern is super easy!
10. Flower Braid – Unfortunately my hair is still too short to create a flower braid. Luckily there are a lot of tutorials on Pinterest for flowers braids!
What is your favorite way to wear flowers in your hair?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
More Domestically Blissful Projects: