25 Awesome Switzerland Experiences to add to your Switzerland bucket list for your next European vacation.
There are a plethora of amazing experiences awaiting you in Switzerland.
And while we were blessed to have 2 sunny days out of the 6 that we were there, I think you would need a few months to enjoy even a small percentage of all of the wonderful experience available in Switzerland.
That said, I have decided to try to narrow them down to my top 25 Must-Have Switzerland experiences.
Now, most of these we were able to do during our trip, but there are a few sprinkled in here and there that we didn’t have time for, that the weather did not permit us to partake in, or that were out of our budget for this trip.
Yes, the rumors are true, Switzerland is expensive (I have another post on that subject that I’ll be sharing soon), but if you save up for your trip and are smart about how and where you spend your money you can have quite the adventure!
And if you are planning a trip to Switzerland, please don’t feel the FOMO with this list.
This is just a little guide to help you narrow down what you most want to do while traveling through this beautiful mountain filled country.
Unless you have a couple of weeks and a plethora of money you may not be able to get to everything on this list. We didn’t!
And realistically these 25 experiences are only a drop in the bucket of all of the adventures that await you in Switzerland.
But there is nothing wrong with dreaming and creating your own bucket list of things to do in Switzerland as you plan your next trip!
25 Switzerland Bucket List Experiences
1. An evening riverboat cruise on Lake Lucerne.
2. Paragliding in Grindelwald. We would have done this on our last full day, but it was cloudy/rainy.
3. Hiking from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg and taking the extra hike up the Royal Walk. This is one of the easier hikes for families.
4. Stay at a hotel with a view of the alps. We loved this one.
5. Eat fondue, chocolate or cheese.
6. Take a train ride up to Bringer Rothan for a day hike. Sadly it was raining the day we planned to do this.
7. Watch the sunset at Harder Kulm. This place can get crowded at sunset, but there are side trails past the restaurant that you can wander down to be away from the crowds if you wish.
8. Take the world’s steepest cog railway at Mt Pilatus and hike to Tomlishorn on the Mount Pilatus Flower Trail.
9. Visit Lauterbrunnen and see the famous Lauterbrunnen falls.
10. Explore Trummelbach Falls. And be sure to bring a rain jacket.
11. Have a slow rainy day at the Lucerne transport museum. We did this on our first full day in Switzerland as it was a very rainy day. You could honestly spend a whole day here and not do everything that is included in your admission ticket.
12. Visit the rotating James Bond Restaurant on Shilthorn. Side note: The Jungfrau Pass doesn’t take you all the way up to this, there is an additional fee/ticket to go up to Shilthorn.
13. Hike at Schynige Platte. We chose a round trip hike that was beautiful!!
14. Go zip lining in Switzerland. One place to do this is at Grindelwald First.
15. Ride a mountain cart or bike down Grindelwald First.
16. Take a walk on the First Cliff Walk and the hanging bridge.
17. Hike part or all of the Eiger Trail.
18. Hike to Bachalpsee Lake at Grindelwald First.
19. Explore Blausee Nature Park.
20. Take a gondola up to the fun picture-perfect swing at TschentenAlp.
21. Have a picnic at Oeschinensee Lake.
22. Enjoy a slide down Kandersteg.
23. Explore one of Switzerland’s many gorgeous castles.
24. Walk on the Sigriswil suspension bridge.
25. Explore St. Beatus Caves.
Bonus: Go up to the “Top of Europe” at Jungfraujoch to explore ice caves and play in the snow. Side note: The Jungfrau Pass doesn’t take you all the way up to this spot.
And if you enjoyed these tips, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful tip!
What are you most excited about when visiting Switzerland?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti
He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.
Ephesians 1:9-10 NIV