25 Christmas Eve traditions for couples to create a meaningful & memorable holiday.
If you think this picture looks familiar than you are completely right! It is the same one I used for my 50 Christmas Date Ideas! Yes, I cheated a little… My sister took this picture a couple years ago & unfortunately all of the pictures we took last Christmas are horizontal. So we will be taking new pictures this Christmas & I’ll update both posts next year so that they aren’t the exact same.
But back to the reason you are here! Since I have been having so much fun creating little lists of festive holiday tips & ideas I thought I would create a list of 25 Christmas Eve Traditions for couples!
Oh & if you like this list you might also like my post of
35 Ways to Emphasize Christ in Christmas.
1. Bake Christmas cookies for Santa & then eat them while watching your favorite Christmas movie.
2. Start the tradition of saving your 2nd favorite Christmas movie to watch Christmas eve together.
Roger grew up watching Home Alone 2 & we have kept that tradition going in our marriage.
3. Listen to Christmas music, while cuddling & sipping hot chocolate, with all of the lights turned off except for your twinkling Christmas lights.
4. Read the original Christmas story (the nativity story from the Bible) to each other by candle light with soft instrumental Christmas music playing in the background.
A personal favorite in our home.
5. Create one last Christmas ornament together that will be your “Christmas 2015” Christmas ornament.
6. Attend your Church’s Christmas Eve service together.
7. Wrap Christmas presents together.
There have been many years where I have waited until the last minute to wrap presents, especially because I am so bad at it. But wrapping presents with my husband is always fun, especially when watching a Christmas movie too!
8. Spend the day baking together & then anonymously drop off baskets of goodies to your friends, family, & neighbors.
9. Wear matching Christmas pajamas. Better yet, onesies!
10. Buy a Charlie Brown Christmas tree & “decorate” it.
11. Discuss the ways God has blessed you this year & say a prayer of thanks for His continual love & the gift of His Son.
12. Make homemade Christmas cards together to add to your Christmas presents.
13. Create a special homemade Christmas hot chocolate to share.
14. Give each other one present to open.
15. Make a late night breakfast to share for the two of you. A simple treat like snowman pancakes is fun & festive.
16. Take pictures in front of your Christmas tree or in your Christmas pajamas for your Christmas card next year.
17. Read your favorite story from the Christmas in My Heart book series.
We read “Miracle at Midnight” every Christmas eve together.
18. Have an Agape Feast. Maybe even make a special homemade soup together for it.
19. Create a Christmas Eve Box filled with new Christmas pajamas, a special snack or dessert, a Christmas movie, & other Christmasy goodies to enjoy.
20. Get in your PJs & drive around looking at Christmas lights while sharing a warm beverage.
21. Turn off all of your electronics & enjoy being together.
22. Track Santa Clause as he delivers Christmas presents around the world.
23. Snuggle under a blanket & read traditional Christmas stories together.
24. Give God the first gift of Christmas.
25. Stay up till midnight snuggling to be the first to wish each other a Merry Christmas with a kiss.
*Bonus* Sleep under your Christmas tree!
Looking for more ways to celebrate Christmas?
Here are 35 Ways to Emphasize Christ in Christmas
& 50 Christmas Date Ideas!
What is your favorite Christmas Eve tradition?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, G
When they saw the star,
they were overjoyed.