25 New Year’s Resolutions for Married Couples to improve your relationship & marriage in the new year!
I can’t believe that Christmas is only a few days away & that next week we will already be in a new year!!
This next year is going to be a very exciting one for us because it will hold a lot of changes for our little family of two.
So with all of these changes happening, I thought I would share a list of 25 New Year’s Resolutions for Married Couples that Roger & I can start the year with so that as these changes begin our relationship will be stronger than ever!
I hope you enjoy these inspirational resolutions for your marriage!
- Pray more.
- Don’t go to sleep angry or upset.
- Communicate thoroughly.
- Read a book series together.
- Eat more meals together.
- Create special date nights.
- Make an extra effort once a week to do something special in your spouses love language.
- Spend less time in front of your TV & more time doing something you both love that encourages bonding & creates memories.
- Cultivate a new hobby together.
- Start saving money for your dream vacation.
- Give more to your favorite charity.
- Give up one of your spouse’s pet peeves about you. Or let go of one of your pet peeves about your spouse.
- Grow your individual relationship with Christ. When growing your individual relationship with Christ your marriage with naturally grow richer & stronger.
- Say two positive things to your spouse before saying any constructive criticism.
- Create a bucket list for your marriage & mark at least one thing off the list each year of your marriage.
- Start exercising together 30 minutes a day.
- Memorize Bible verses together.
- Snuggle for 10 minutes EVERY day, no excuses.
- Discuss your dreams at least once a month & how you can make them a reality together.
- Every anniversary (& half anniversary) read your vows to each other & recommit your love & devotion. Maybe even add something new when you enter a new stage of your life/marriage.
- Cook 2-3 meals a week together.
- Get involved in one of your spouse’s favorite activities or hobbies.
- Practice what you preach.
- Break bad habits together. Make a game out of it if need be, or have a special prize once you both break the habit.
- Only speak positively about your spouse to others, & respect the intimate parts of your relationship with your spouse by keeping them between the two of you.
If you enjoyed these tips, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful moment!
What is your favorite New Year’s resolution for your marriage?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8