25 Ways to Stay Cool This Summer when it’s way too hot to do anything else!
Is it just me or is it already getting too hot outside to do anything.
The humidity! Good grief, I’m not looking forward to that increasing this summer. While I love baking, & have been craving Pumpkin Spice Cookies (maybe even the ones with chocolate chips), it’s just too crazy hot to be baking. The problem is I have 5 or 6 cans of pumpkin left from last year begging to be turned into something delicious before we move this week!!
Also, I should probably be sticking to summer flavors since it’s almost summer. Maybe i’ll have to make more of these Fresh Watermelon Cupcakes (no baking required!) instead!!
Although we are moving out of hot & humid Birmingham Alabama this week, there won’t be much of a notable weather difference in Tennessee. Yes, that’s right! We are moving back to Chattanooga after 4 long (dental school) years in Birmingham. It’s going to be so nice being home again, permanently, even if it is hot there too!
So if you are having a crazy hot summer too I hope enjoy these 25 Ways to Stay Cool This Summer!
1. Fill a kiddie pool with ice & water for a quick cool down.
2. Put your clothes in the freezer for at least an hour before you work outside.
3. Have a pool party.
4. Create a huge slip & slide down a big hill in your backyard with tarp or big sheets of plastic.
But don’t forget to play it safe!
5. Create Ice Cube Fruit or fresh fruit popsicles.
6. Stay hydrated with H2O.
8. Sleep out under the stars.
9. Escape indoors for some extra cool A/C at your local museum, aquarium, mall, or IMAX theater.
10. Drive until you reach the beach!
11. Set up some sprinklers to shower you while you lay out & catch some rays.
12. Create a shady backyard escape, complete with a covered sitting area.
13. Go creek walking.
14. Build a fort outdoors to lay under during the hottest part of the day.
You could even bring your milkshakes or popsicles under there for a special treat. I’m thinking this will be a fun one to do with my nieces & nephews this summer.
15. Go swimming in a lake or pond.
16. Play in the rain.
17. Go to a waterpark.
18. Simply drive.
When my husband & I were on our Honeymoon we stayed cool in the heat of the day by hopping in our rental & driving around to the 365 beaches in Antigua.
19. Go boating.
20. Learn how to waterski or wakeboard.
21. Hike to a waterfall & play in the fresh cool water.
22. Have a water balloon fight.
23. Keep an eye on the weather & only do strenuous outdoor labor when it is overcast & cooler.
24. Keep a cooling towel on hand.
25. Dress appropriately. Light thin layers & lot’s of sunscreen.
Here are some tips on “fabrics that help you stay cool when the weather heats up!”
So “stay cool. It’s a hot one out there!”
I may be watching too much Parks & Rec… Nah, there is no such thing as too much Knope!
How do you plan to stay cool this summer?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
And don’t forget to check the comments for more cool ways to stay cool this summer!
With love, G
He sends from heaven and saves me,
rebuking those who hotly pursue me—
God sends forth his love and his faithfulness.