25 ways to prepare for the new year right now.
Although the Christmas season has just begun for many (it began at the end of October for us), I thought I would go ahead & start looking toward the future. Because whether we are ready or not the new year is upon us! So to prepare for the new year I have created this list of 25 ways to prepare for the new year right now.
- Don’t be afraid to dream big.
- Create resolutions that have actionable plans & steps to succeed.
- Think beyond the immediate. Make a list of your daily goals, weekly goals, seasonal goals, & goals for the new year.
- Create a calendar plan that encompasses all of your goals. Take your list from step two & work your way backward through the steps (from the finish line to the first step) so that you can appropriately set a day/time schedule.
- Find or create an accountability group to keep each other on track.
A Blissful Home
- Creating a daily, weekly, & monthly cleaning schedule.
- Buy the appropriate products for cleaning each room. We just bought this Dyson & now I can’t help but walk around our house looking for things to clean because it’s so fun.
- Declutter each room in your house, 1-2 a week in the month of January.
- Decorate for Winter & prep for spring.
- Purchase after-Christmas sale items for next year.
- Create an applicable exercise schedule.
- Try new & healthy recipes that you can incorporate into your meals each week.
- Eat smaller portions.
- Strengthen your mind by making a list of books to read each month. Maybe also start a book together with you spouse that you only ready together each week.
- Relieve stress by ignoring your emails & notifications first thing in the morning.
Focusing on Family
- Put down your devices more.
- Make memory moments, such as day dates, hot chocolate snuggles, & story telling.
- Grow your family. Reach out to new neighbors, church members, colleagues, & welcome them into your home.
- Set time aside for family. Weekly dinner nights. Nightly devotions. Special story time.
- Create new traditions, both seasonal & monthly.
- Pray more.
- Worry less.
- Join a bible study.
- Focus on Biblical teachings rather than popular trends.
- Finding a like-minded spiritual accountability partner.
How do you like to prepare for the new year?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
Therefore Jesus said again,
“Very truly I tell you,
I am the gate for the sheep.
All who have come before me are thieves and robbers,
but the sheep have not listened to them.
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.
They will come in and go out, and find pasture.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
More Domestically Blissful Christmas & Winter Post:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.