These Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel are perfectly moist & filled with the crisp flavors of fall & they make a deliciously festive addition to a fall breakfast or brunch!
Over the last week I have been trying to determine why I love fall so much.
At first I wondered if it is because of all the baking I do, I mean who doesn’t love Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel?
Then I thought it might be because of the trees. I love trees more than flowers & this is the season trees really come to life! Oh & I really love stomping on crunchy leaves. I even choose my path depending on where the most leaves have fallen.
Although my love for fall could also be because of all of the warm & snuggly clothes & my over eagerness to wear all 7 of my $9.95 Anthropologie tops.
But after much thought & consideration, the real reason I love fall is because it is the beautiful red & gold carpet to my favorite holiday of all… Christmas!
Don’t worry, I won’t officially start blogging about Christmas until November.
No, I’ll be honest, the end of October.
I just can’t wait!
Don’t worry, I know you didn’t come here to talk about Christmas so I’ll try to stay focused on fall.
In the Miller home fall is baking season. So far I have shared two fall baking recipes with you & it isn’t even Labor Day yet!
But really, would you have wanted me to wait until it was officially fall before I started sharing fall recipes? If I had you wouldn’t be able to enjoy the sweet fall flavors of these Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel for another 4 weeks!
And that would be just plain sad.
These Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel are perfectly moist & filled with the crisp flavors of fall.
Your tastebuds will be begging for a taste when the scent of apples & cinnamon permeate every corner of your home.
The best part is that these Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel are super simple to make. But don’t take my word for it, bake up a batch of this fall goodness for yourself!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel
Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel are perfectly moist & filled with the crisp flavors of fall. Your whole house will smell of fall & your tastebuds will be begging for more after just one taste of these festive fall muffins.
- Yield: 20
- Apple Center Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cups Peeled & Diced Apples
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Oat Streusel Ingredients
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Quick Oats
- 1/2 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons Room Temperature Butter
- Muffin Mix Ingredients
- 2 & 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup French Vanilla Creamer
- 2 Large Eggs
- 8 Tablespoons Melted Butter (Cooled)
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit & spray your muffin pans with oil. (*1)
- In a large pan melt 1 tablespoon of butter & cook your diced apples until tender. Then remove the pan from the heat & mix in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Set to the side & let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup quick oats, 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar, & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Then use your fingers to blend in the 6 tablespoons of butter evenly into the oat streusel. Set to the side for later.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, & the cooled cooked apples.
- In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup French vanilla creamer, 2 large eggs, & 8 tablespoons cooled melted butter.
- Create a funnel in the dry ingredients & pour the liquid mixture into the center.
- Mix with a spoon until combined. (*2)
- Pour the apple cinnamon muffin batter into each tin 3/4ths full. Then sprinkle an overly generous helping of oat streusel on top.
- Bake your Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel for 20-25 minutes. (*3)
- Let cool on a wire rack & enjoy. (*4)
- *1. To ensure your oven is at the right temperature for baking, preheat your oven before you start so that it will continue to warm up an additional 5-10 minutes before you place your muffins in the oven.
- *2. Don’t over mix. Some lumps are normal.
- *3. When a toothpick comes out clean your muffins are done baking.
- *4. Store your muffins in a sealed container for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 20
I’d love to see your Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel!
Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
My son, eat honey, for it is good,
& the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste.
Know that wisdom is such to your soul;
if you find it, there will be a future,
& your hope will not be cut off.