Caramel Apple Slices are the easiest way to enjoy your favorite treat this fall!
Author:Giustina at Domestically Blissful
White or Wooden Lollipop Sticks
Melting Chocolate (*1)
Toppings – optional
First, wash & slice your apples, remove the seeds, insert the stick at the bottom, & pat the apple slices dry.
Cover each apple slice in melted chocolate & place on a piece of wax paper to harden. Continue this process until all of your apples are covered in chocolate & have hardened.
Next, drizzle the caramel & other toppings on top of your apple slices.
Let harden & enjoy! (*2)
*1. You could alternatively use butterscotch on your thicker slices of apples, but you should be aware that the butterscotch does not harden as well as the chocolate & could result in weeping apples & the butterscotch falling off.
*2. These Sliced Caramel Apples can be made the day before & left in your fridge on wax paper until you need them the next day. Just don’t forget to note the 5 tips below.
1. Cut thick apple slices so the stick stays secure in the slice. Approximately 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick works great.
2. Make sure to pat down the apple slices to soak up any extra apple juice.
3. Allow some of the chocolate to drip onto the stick, this will act as a sort of edible glue that holds the stick & apple together.
4. Use slightly cooled caramel so that the chocolate doesn’t melt off the apple slices.
5. I also recommend that you make them & eat them in the same day. The longer they sit the greater chance for a weeping caramel apple slice, which will cause the yummy coating to break or slide off in some areas.