Chocolate Lava Cake
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 22
- Yield: 12 1x
What you’ll need for Mini Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 4 sticks of butter minus 1 tablespoon = 31 tablespoons
- A little less than a cup of chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Powdered sugar for dusting
What you’ll need for Berry Drizzle Sauce
- 5 large Strawberrys (sliced)
- 10–12 Raspberries
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 4–5 Blackberries or 2 Tbsp Blackberry Jam if blackberries aren’t available
- First, preheat oven to 400°. Spray a muffin tin – for 12 lava cakes – with flour spray and sprinkle a little bit of sugar into each of the 12 muffin tins.
- Using a double broiler over medium heat, melt the butter and the chocolate chips. Once melted, set to the side and let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the 4 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and 4 tablespoons of all purpose flour. Then add the cooled to room temperature buttery chocolate and blend together.
- Evenly pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tins and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chocolate lava cakes are baking prepare the berry drizzle sauce.
- First, wash the fruit and place them in a bowl along with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Blend the berries with a hand held food processor until well blended and set to the side.
- Once raised, remove the Chocolate Lava Cakes from the oven and let cook for about a minute
- Enjoy these Chocolate Lava Cakes on a bed of Berry Drizzle Sauce with a sprinkle of powered sugar on top!
- If you bake it on the lower side – 10-12 minutes – the center will be more molten inside. The longer you bake the lava cakes the more cake like the center will be .