Creamy Vegetarian Chicken Noodle Soup is a yummy vegetarian twist on the classic recipe that will have everyone asking for more!
Does anyone else feeling like mother nature is playing tricks on us right now with this weather?
One minute I’m searching for a sweater because there was frost on the window the next it’s in the 80’s again! Although to be honest it doesn’t really matter what the temperature is outside because I have barricaded myself in the house. I will only step foot outside if it is absolutely, positively necessary.
All I have to do is take one look outside & I will see hundreds & hundreds of those beautiful yellow signs of death waving in the wind. I’m afraid I might start sneezing uncontrollably just by looking at all of the ragweed that has taken over the property behind our house.
No matter how much I love the crisp air, colorful leaves, & delicious recipes of the fall I also know that without lots of rain October can be a horrible, red eye, runny nose month for those of us with allergies. So the only way to make myself feel better about not being able to go outside is to cook up a yummy soup & settle in with a good book!
Although truth be told book reading usually turns into blog reading!
This Creamy Vegetarian Chicken Noodle Soup makes any fall night even more wonderful with it’s warm & creamy texture!
Plus it’s vegetarian & would make a fun new meatless monday option for anyone looking to be a little bit healthier this fall!
Creamy Vegetarian Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 Cups Medium Egg Noodles
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Diced Onion
- 1 Cup Thinly Chopped Carrots
- 1 Cup Thinly Chopped Celery
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Parsley
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Half & Half
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Chopped Gardein Chick’n Strips
- 1 Packet of George Washington Golden Seasoning and Broth
- 1 Teaspoon McKay’s Chicken Style Instant Broth & Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan
- First, cook the egg noodles according to the directions on the package, then drain & rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- At medium heat melt the 3 tablespoons of butter & sauté the 1/4 cup onion, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup celery, & 3 minced garlic cloves, with 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon basil, 1/2 teaspoon parsley, & 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium sized pot.
- Once the carrots are tender & the celery & onion have become transparent add 2 cups of vegetable broth, 1 & 1/2 cups of half & half, 1 & 1/2 cups milk, raise the heat to medium high & bring the soup to a boil.
- When the soup comes to a boil lower the temperature to medium, add the 2 cups of chopped chick’n, & stir in 1 packet of George Washington Gold Seasoning Broth, 1 teaspoon of McKay’s Chicken Seasoning, & 1/2 cup shredded parmesan.
- Lower the heat to medium low & let simmer until you are ready to eat. Then add the egg noodles to the soup & serve warm.
- Enjoy your warm Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup with some fresh baked bread!
- Serving Size: 4
For those of you looking for the special ingredients:
I’d love to hear what you think of this Creamy Vegetarian Chicken Noodle Soup!
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise;
God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;
God chose what is low & despised in the world,
even things that are not,
to bring to nothing things that are,
so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
1 Corinthians 1:27-29
More recipes by Domestically Blissful