This Creamy Gnocchi Mac and Cheese is filled with sharp cheddar, white cheddar, and Colby cheese for an extra flavorful creamy cheese gnocchi.
Ever since Roger made this Extra Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese at Thanksgiving last year I’ve been dreaming of making an extra creamy version with mini gnocchi.
Since Roger’s recipe was already pretty amazing I didn’t have to do too much to make a creamy gnocchi version.
And oh my were my tastebuds delighted with this tasty cheese gnocchi dish.
My biggest struggle was avoiding going back for 3rds and 4ths!
Since this gnocchi recipe is simply delicious let’s just skip right to the recipe instructions today!
Creamy Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- 2 Packages Mini Potato Gnocchi (16 ounces each), cooked
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter, high quality
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 Cup 2% Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 1 & 1/4 Cups Sharp Cheddar, graded
- 1/2 Cup Colby Cheese, graded
- 1/2 Cup Sharp White Cheddar, graded
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- First, cook the gnocchi according to their packaging instructions and set to the side.
- Melt the 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a large fry pan.
- Then whisk in the 2 tablespoons flour, 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Whisk continuously.
- Once the butter and flour begin to simmer, slowly whisk in the 1 cup heavy cream and 3/4 cup milk into the skillet. Whisk continuously.
- When the cream begins to simmer again turn the heat down to low and add all of the cheese a little at a time (2 tablespoons cream cheese, 1 & 1/4 cups sharp cheddar, 1/2 cup colby cheese, and 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese), continually whisking.
- Once melted and blended well add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, pour the creamy cheese over the drained and cooked gnocchi and stir well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy your Creamy Gnocchi Macaroni and Cheese!
If you make this Creamy Gnocchi Macaroni and Cheese, be sure to share a picture and tag @DomesticallyBlissful on Instagram so that we can all see your delicious dinner and so that I can share your image on my stories!
And if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful bite!
What is your favorite cheese for macaroni and cheese?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:4