This Creamy Minestrone Soup is a delicious creamy twist on the classic soup recipe that is full of fresh vegetables.
It’s finally soup season!
Well… Almost soup season.
I know some of you are holding on to summer as long as you can & I totally understand the love one has for a season because I love fall so much I started sharing new fall posts at the beginning of August!
And I held off as long as I could sharing a new soup recipe, but now that it’s the second week in September I think I am going to reward myself by finally sharing this Creamy Minestrone Soup recipe.
Aren’t you proud of me for waiting this long??
I started to develop this recipe earlier this summer & luckily Roger loves soup year round & I was able to treat us to this soup one Friday night a couple of months ago.
There is something about adding a creamy texture to a soup that makes it so much more comforting.
And since you know how much I love this vegetarian Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup it was only natural that I turned the classic Minestrone Soup into a new creamy soup recipe too!
Now I’m starting to wonder what other vegetable broth-based soup I can turn creamy…
Creamy Minestrone Soup
This Creamy Minestrone Soup is a delicious creamy twist on a classic soup recipe that is full of fresh vegetables.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- ½ Cup Celery, thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Cup Green Beans
- 1 Cup Zucchini
- 2 Large Tomatoes, diced
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 ½ Cup Dried Pasta
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans, 15.5 ounces
- 1 Can White Kidney Beans, 15.5 ounces
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Half & Half
- Parmesan, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 cup diced yellow onion, ½ cup chopped celery, ½ cup carrots, & 3 minced garlic cloves; let saute for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup green beans, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, & cook for 3 more minutes.
- Then add 1 cup zucchini, 2 large diced tomatoes, & 4 cups vegetable broth to the pot.
- Once the soup begins to boil (about 5 minutes) add the dried pasta, red kidney beans, & white kidney beans.
- Let simmer until the pasta is cooked, about 7-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, add the 2 cups baby spinach, & slowly stir in the 1 & 1/2 cups of half & half.
- Once the spinach has wilted serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan & enjoy!
What is your favorite creamy soup?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giusti
For the Lord takes delight in His people;
He crowns the humble with victory.
Psalm 149:4 NIV