These Dark Chocolate Blackberry Muffins are the perfect treat for breakfast or brunch & they are even sweet enough for dessert!
I’m obsessed with summer berries.
I’m obsessed with these pictures.
And I’m obsessed with these Dark Chocolate Blackberry Muffins.
Is that too much obsession? I think not! Because I have a feeling that if you try these summer berry muffins you will fall in love with them too!
These are the perfect muffins for those with a little bit of a sweet tooth that desire a light, airy, & fluffy muffin that is perfectly moist & bursting with flavor!
I’m kind of wishing I had a baby shower or bridal shower coming up to attend because these muffins would for sure be a crowd pleaser!
And if you are hosting a Mother’s Day brunch, or need a special treat to bring to one, I highly recommend these blackberry chocolate chip muffins!
Although, I may be a bit bias because I used my tried & true muffin recipe.
And I know it may sound odd to some people to use creamer in a muffin recipe, but believe me, you won’t be sorry!
If anything you will probably wish you had been making muffins with creamer your whole life.
It was my mom’s secret ingredient for years & after I started using it in presentations for speech class in high school & college the secret was out. Luckily she didn’t mind!
And my guess is that neither will you once you try these Dark Chocolate Blackberry Muffins for yourself!
- 2 & 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup French Vanilla Creamer
- 2 Large Eggs
- 8 Tablespoons Melted Butter, cooled
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Blackberries, heaping
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Cane Sugar, optional
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit & spray your muffin pans with oil. (*1)
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, & 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- in a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup creamer, 2 large eggs, 8 tablespoons cooled melted butter, & 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Create a funnel in the dry ingredients & pour the liquid mixture into the center.
- Mix with a spoon until combined. (*2) Gently mix in the 1 cup blackberries & 1/2 cup dark chocolate until evenly dispersed.
- Pour the dark chocolate blackberry muffin batter into each tin 3/4ths full & sprinkle a generous helping of vanilla cane sugar on top.*(3)
- Bake your Dark Chocolate Blackberry Muffins for 20-25 minutes. (*4)
- Let cool on a wire rack & enjoy. (*5)
- *1. To ensure your oven is at the right temperature for baking, preheat your oven before you start so that it will continue to warm up an additional 5-10 minutes before you place your muffins in the oven.
- *2. Don’t over mix. Some lumps are normal.
- *3. To make it look pretty I press in a few chocolate chips and extra blackberries into the top of each muffin before baking.
- *4. When a toothpick comes out clean your muffins are done baking.
- *5. Store your muffins in a sealed container for up to a week.
What is your favorite type of muffin?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18 NIV
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.