Dark Chocolate Cranberry Vanilla Muffins melt in your mouth with the flavors of winter & can be enjoyed for both breakfast & dessert!
Are you feeling the rush of the holiday season yet? I completely am! There doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done! I know some of you might be thinking, what in the world does Giustina need to get done? She’s a blogger!
The truth is, over the last year my blog has become a full time job. Which has always been my goal & plan, but I assumed I was still another year or two out. So when it happened this fall I was in shock & the result has been a lot of late nights trying to get everything in order. For example, have you been enjoying my new mobile friendly blog design?
So now I am trying to get back on track with the blogging side of blogging & I am scrambling to put the finishing touches on 3 weeks worth of posts in the next 3 days. That way when Roger begins Christmas break I can enjoy it will him, especially because once he starts dentistry next year he might have minimal to no time off.
So I have been making a ton of lists & schedules & doing a whole lot of multitasking. Last night while we were watching Star Wars Episode V (preparing for the big premiere!) I was hot gluing away on a New Years Eve project. And yesterday afternoon I made Roger move his “study chair” just so I could get the last of the “good light” to photograph these muffins.
Oh yes, the muffins! The whole reason you are here! These Dark Chocolate Cranberry Vanilla Muffins were so fun to photograph, but they are even more fun to eat! While I am still learning to like the bitterness of cranberries my experience with them in scones & muffins have really made me like them more!
Although I must admit, my favorite part isn’t the dark chocolate (which it usually is) but the actual muffin itself! I used my go-to muffin recipe but with an extra kick of vanilla! And it is SO good!
The other day while I was in Walmart I found myself in the wedding aisle because I was looking for… well actually I can’t remember what I was looking for… Anyways I happened upon a bottle of vanilla bean paste. I had never heard of such a thing before so I immediately googled in on my phone & decided that I must have it to make muffins!
I have always wanted to bake with vanilla beans, but the price for two vanilla beans has always been a deterrent. But when I saw the bottle of vanilla bean paste I knew this would be my easy way out (or in)!
And I must say that I am extremely happy with the results! These muffins have the perfect flavor of vanilla & blend beautifully with the cranberries & dark chocolate for a warm wintery treat! Oh & since cranberries & dark chocolate can be on the bitter side I decided to top each muffin with a generous helping of shimmer sugar to give it an extra sweetness & a spark of winter!
- 2 & 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup French Vanilla Creamer
- 2 Large Eggs
- 8 Tablespoons Melted Butter (Cooled)
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Cup Cranberries (slightly heaping)
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Shimmer White Sugar - optional
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit & spray your muffin pans with oil. (*1)
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, & 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup French vanilla creamer, 2 large eggs, 8 tablespoons cooled melted butter, & 2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste.
- Create a funnel in the dry ingredients & pour the liquid mixture into the center.
- Mix with a spoon until combined. (*2) Gently mix in the 1 cup cranberries & 1/2 cup dark chocolate until evenly dispersed.
- Pour the dark chocolate cranberry vanilla muffin batter into each tin 3/4ths full & sprinkle a generous helping of shimmer white sugar on top.
- Bake your Dark Chocolate Cranberry Vanilla Muffins for 20-25 minutes. (*3)
- Let cool on a wire rack & enjoy. (*4)
- *1. To ensure your oven is at the right temperature for baking, preheat your oven before you start so that it will continue to warm up an additional 5-10 minutes before you place your muffins in the oven.
- *2. Don't over mix. Some lumps are normal.
- *3. When a toothpick comes out clean your muffins are done baking.
- *4. Store your muffins in a sealed container for up to a week.
I’d love to see your Dark Chocolate Cranberry Vanilla Muffins!
Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
TRULY MY SOUL FINDS REST IN GOD;
MY SALVATION COMES FROM HIM.
More Recipes from Domestically Blissful
Affiliate links included in this post.
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.