These DIY Faux Apple Candle Holders are a fun and simple way to add cozy fall decor to your home this autumn season!
Way back in 2014, about a year after I started my blog, I shared a tutorial for DIY Apple Candle Holders.
This was one of my first fall DIYs that came with a mixture of love and fear.
I had used real tea candles and while most people loved this simple fall decor tutorial (and understood that all real candles need to be monitored), some people freaked out. Whoops!
So this year I decided to recreate these DIY Faux Apple Candle Holders using flickering LED tea lights.
This was one of my favorite fall decor DIY’s back in the day because it was so inexpensive to create and we were on a pretty tight budget!
And this year I thought it would be fun to show how beautiful it can be to mix high and low-priced fall decor together in one space.
You could go into a dollar store to pick up your faux apples, but I found these Realistic Faux Apples online and they cost only about $1.23 each and were shipped right to my door.
1. First, cut out the stem of the faux apple using the craft knife.
2. Trace the size of the tea light on the top of the apple using the fine tip marker.
3. Then use the craft knife to cut and remove the foam from the fake apple inside of the drawn circle, to your desired depth.
4. Place the tea light inside the apple to make sure that it fits properly, then remove it.
5. Light the taper candle and let the wax drip from the top of the apple down the sides. Let dry thoroughly. (Note: If you don’t like how it drips in one area, let it dry, and then chip it off.)
6. Place the LED tea candle inside the apple.
7. Repeat this process on all of your faux apples.
8. Decorate your home with your new fall apple candle holders and enjoy the fruits of your labor! 😉
*Warning! Please be cautious around open flames and hot wax. The melted wax will be hot and could burn you. Do not leave a lit/burning flame or a candle unattended. Always take precautions and keep a fire extinguisher nearby. This is not a DIY for children. Do this at your own risk.
I hope this DIY tutorial helps you as you decorate your home!
If you are looking for more home decor inspiration you can find many more home posts, inspiration, and tutorials by clicking here and specifically more fall home posts by clicking here.
And if you use this post to help you on a DIY project for your home, be sure to share a picture and tag @DomesticallyBlissful on Instagram so that we can all see your beautiful DIY and so that I can share your photo on my stories!
And if you enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful tutorial!
Where do you plan to decorate with your DIY Faux Apple Candle Holders this fall?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti
But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.
2 Corinthians 10:17-18 NIV