DIY Hoop Wreath Baby Guessing Game to create and play with your guests the next time you host a baby shower.
At the end of June, I had the privilege of hosting a family baby shower for my sister-in-law.
I was so excited to have the opportunity to celebrate Katie and her baby girl with our family and 3 of her close friends.
One thing I know about our family is that they enjoy a relaxed atmosphere.
So rather than plan a bunch of games I opted for a variety of activities around our home for her baby shower.
One such activity was this DIY Hoop Wreath Baby Guessing Game.
I contemplated putting little number tags on each of the photos (tags that wouldn’t damage the photos) and then making little note cards for people to write down their guesses.
But in the end I opted to make this activity more casual.
And even though I completely forgot to mention that this DIY Hoop Wreath Baby Guessing Game was an activity that people could have fun with, I saw people naturally move towards the wreath and make guesses on who everyone was in the pictures.
Some of the pictures were a little bit harder to guess because Roger’s 3 older sisters liked to dress Paul (Katie’s husband) up in girl clothes when he was little! HAHA!
But what I personally loved was how simple this DIY Hoop Wreath Baby Guessing Game was to create and how it added both a fun activity and pretty baby shower decor to our family gathering.
1. First, remove any tags, plastic, or paper covering on the hula hoop.
2. Next, lay the hula hoop down on a large drop cloth and spray paint the top, outside, and inside of the hula hoop.
3. Let the hula hoop dry according to the spray paint directions, then flip the hula hoop over.
4. Spray paint the other side of hula hoop gold, on what is now the new top, inside and outside.
5. Once dry, cut 3 pieces of ribbon the length of the hula hoop, plus 1-3 inches extra.
6. Place the ribbon on top of the hula hoop with one in the center and the other two equal distances apart and hot glue it into place.
7. Wrap the 1-3 inches of excess ribbon around the hula hoop and hot glue it to the hula hoop as well.
8. Hot glue faux flowers to the top and bottom of the hula hoop to cover where the ribbon is hot glued to the hula hoop.
9. Attach your favorite baby pictures to the ribbon using mini wood clothespins.
8. Hang the hula hoop using a nail and hammer or command hooks (I prefer the hooks).
Enjoy the baby shower!
I hope this baby shower activity tutorial helps you as you plan your next baby shower!
If you use this post to help you plan or decorate your home for a baby shower, be sure to share a picture and tag @DomesticallyBlissful on Instagram so that we can all see your fun party and so that I can share your image on my stories!
And if you enjoyed this baby shower inspiration post, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful tutorial!
What is your favorite baby shower theme?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? “I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve.”
Jeremiah 17:9-10 NIV