This post is sponsored by the Holiday Baking promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
These Double Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting, crushed candy canes, and chocolate curls.
This is the time of year that I crave all things chocolate and peppermint.
I love to spend early mornings and late nights listening to holiday music while baking up something that fills our home with the scent of the holiday season.
One of my new favorite holiday sweet treat baking recipes is this Double Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies recipe.
I used my go-to dark chocolate cookie recipe and added dark chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
And while these cookies are oh so good on their own, I wanted to make them extra special so I whipped up a homemade cream cheese frosting and sprinkled on crushed candy canes and Nestlé Toll House Curls.
I purchased the Nestlé Toll House Curls and Handsome Organic Pasture Raised Large Eggs for these Double Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies at my local Publix.
There’s a Holiday Baking promotion going on at Publix now through 12/18/20. You can visit getthesavings.com/baking or head to your local Publix to grab the in-store 12.5 Extra Savings flyer to see a complete list of product savings included in the Holiday Baking promotion.
And if you don’t see the Extra Savings flyer in the kiosk at the store’s entrance be sure to ask customer service for a flyer!
You can look for the at-shelf signs located throughout the store which highlight the savings during the promotion.
Like a sign for a dozen Handsome Organic Pasture Raised Large Eggs for $4.99 and a sign for 2 for $10 any Nestlé Toll House Curls that are 3.75-oz.
Be sure to shop soon as their Holiday Baking promotion is running now through 12/18/20 at Publix.
Growing up, my sister, mom, and I would spend the holidays baking up a variety of cookies and sweet treats to share with our loved ones.
We would spend days baking and filling gift bags with our favorite recipes, so I wanted to make sure this recipe made plenty of cookies.
So, this recipe makes 48 Double Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies, allowing you to be able to enjoy them with your family while also having plenty of extra cookies to share with your neighbors and friends!
But no judgment here if you want to keep them all for yourself. They are so good!
And if you really want a special treat, I recommend pairing these cookies with a cup of peppermint hot chocolate topped with whipped cream, crushed candy canes, and Nestlé Toll House Curls.
However you enjoy your Double Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 48 Cookies 1x
- 2 & 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Salted Butter, room temperature
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Handsome Organic Pasture Raised Large Egg, room temperature
- 1 Handsome Organic Pasture Raised Large Egg Yolk, room temperature
- 1 & ½ Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Candy Canes, crushed
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tablespoons Room Temperature Butter
- 4 Ounces Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1/4 Cup Candy Canes, crushed
- 1/4 Cup Nestlé Toll House Curls
- First, preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup cocoa powder, 3 teaspoons cornstarch, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, & 1 teaspoon salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl use a hand mixer to blend the butter, slowly adding in the white sugar & then the brown sugar to make a nice thick cream.
- Next, add the Handsome Organic Pasture Raised Large Eggs one at a time, including the yoke, blending until combined between each addition.
- Then blend in the pure vanilla extract.
- By hand, stir in the dry ingredients just until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Then fold in 1 cup crushed candy canes & 1 cup dark chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie/ice cream scoop to measure the cookie dough for uniform cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- While your cookies are baking blend the 4 tablespoons butter and 4 ounces cream cheese in a small mixing bowl. Then add the 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Finally, blend in the 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Set to the side. *(1)
- Once your Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are done let them cool, then top each cookie with cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of crushed candy canes and Nestlé Toll House Curls.
- Enjoy! *(2)
- If you want each cookie to have a lot of frosting I recommend doubling the frosting recipe.
- Store in a sealed container in your refrigerator. Let them come to room temperature for the best taste before consuming.
I hope you and your family enjoy your Double Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies!
Looking for more recipes? You can find many more holiday recipes by clicking here.
If you make these Double Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies, be sure to share a picture and tag @DomesticallyBlissful on Instagram so that we can all see your delicious dessert and so that I can share your image on my stories!
And if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful bite!
What is your favorite way to enjoy Handsome Organic Pasture Raised Large Eggs and Nestlé Toll House Curls?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti