Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls are a delicious fall treat that only need 30 minutes to make!
Sunday was a quiet day in our home. We woke up relatively early, I made biscuits & gravy, & my husband settled in for an intense day of studying for the national dental board exam.
Our last 3 & 1/2 years have been filled with days like today. And it makes me wonder what life will be like after graduation.
We are so close, yet still so far.
And during days like these, when I can do nothing but pray & bake, I often eat my feelings. And with the immense amount of emotion I have, with all the twists & turns this final year in dental school has brought thus far, I have been doing quite a bit of baking.
At one point I thought I had even run out of flour, luckily I found a hidden container to fuel my obsession. Even still, I know I should probably slow down on my usage of flour, especially since I just ran out of baking powder & really can’t do much without it.
However, this special recipe is one that I can easily turn to whenever I am short on time & ingredients!
I shared a similar recipe a few months back, but when I made them for my blog I made them on a school day & basically ate the whole thing by myself in one sitting.
Maybe I’m being a little too honest… Anyways!
I felt bad that Roger didn’t get any of my Lazy Blueberry Sweet Rolls so I made sure to make these Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls while he was home. Plus, I really did not
want need to eat the whole thing by myself.
When I opened the oven the delicious aroma of apples & cinnamon filled our home with the warm feeling of fall that even my husband could enjoy from the other room.
And the best part is that you need very little time, energy, or ingredients to make these Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls!
These Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls are a delicious sweet treat that are perfect for dessert or brunch during fall, winter, or even Christmas!
Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls are a delicious fall treat that can be made in 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 10
- 3 Tablespoon Room Temperature Butter
- 1 Cup Diced Apple *(1)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Crescent Roll Dough
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons French Vanilla Creamer or Whole Milk
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a small pan melt 1 tablespoon of butter & cook the diced apples at medium heat until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- While the apples are cooking, open & unroll your crescent roll dough. Then pinch the seems together & spread it out with a roller if desired.
- Once the apples have finished cooking stir in 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon & set to the side to cool slightly.
- Then brush 2 tablespoons of softened butter on the crescent dough.
- Next, evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon *(2), & the cooked diced apples on top of the crescent dough.
- Carefully roll into a log & cut into 10 pieces.
- Place the uncooked cinnamon rolls in a glass baking dished sprayed with cooking oil, it’s ok if they touch. *(3)
- Bake for 15 minutes uncovered. Then for an additional 5-10 minutes covered with foil until the center is cooked. *(4)
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking mix the powdered sugar & french vanilla creamer in a bowl. *(5)
- Once the cinnamon rolls are baked thoroughly, let cool slightly, drizzle the icing on top, add a sprinkle of cinnamon & enjoy!
- *1. Approximately one apple.
- *2. For cinnamon lovers (like me) I suggest a heaping 1/2 teaspoon.
- *3. My pan is approximately 7 & 1/2 X 5 & 1/2. If your pan is larger & the cinnamon rolls do not touch you might not need to bake them as long.
- *4. If the edges appear to be baking faster than the center, cut a hole in the center of the foil so that it will cook more evenly for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- *5. For a thicker icing add more powdered sugar, for thinner add more french vanilla creamer.
- Serving Size: 10
I’d love to see your Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls!
Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress & my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield & the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.