Our eleventh month of house building with a video update of our dream home that is almost finished.
Wait, did you read that tagline up above & get confused?
Isn’t that what I said last month?
That our home is almost finished.
If you are confused, don’t worry, I am too!
Our nine-month house build timeline went out the door months ago.
We were well warned by our family that our house would take 12 months (April officially brought us to 12 months of house building), but we kept being told that it would take 9 months.
But when the rain hit last summer right when it came time to frame we knew it would take longer by at least a month since that is how long the rain lasted.
Even still, we didn’t imagine it would take this long.
Honestly, it’s a little confusing, so you should probably just watch this video of our eleventh month of house building.
I actually had between 30-45 minutes of film that I cut down to 25 minutes for YouTube.
And then I discovered that you have to have a verified account to upload anything longer than 15 minutes.
So I majorly cut it down so that it is right under 15 minutes long.
And if you don’t feel like watching all 15 minutes I’ll just go ahead & spoil the ending for you (although I kind of already did that above)…
We are not in the house yet.
Not only that, but we don’t have a move in date yet.
I’m told we will definitely be in the house in April, but that’s what we thought about March.
So I’ve started telling myself that we won’t be living in the house until May, just so that I won’t be disappointed again.
And we ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO be in the house in May because our temporary house building loan ends in early May.
So there is some good news! I think…
Here is a list of everything that happened in March:
- The metal roofing on our front porch was almost completed, they worked on it some more and there is just a little flashing left.
- Roger built us stairs for the front porch & carport & then I painted them.
- The front & back porch beams were installed & painted.
- Gutters were finished.
- Most lighting fixtures were installed. (Speakers still need to be installed.)
- Kitchen cabinets were (almost) finished being installed. We are stilling missing a drawer under the microwave & there are some doors with dents in them that need to be addressed.
- Kitchen appliances were installed.
- The propane tank was filled & our tankless water heater & fireplaces work.
- Plumbing was finished. We had to have a pump installed as the water pressure was not high enough. Also, we have a toilet that is having some issues so we may need the plumber to come back again.
- Roger & I installed the laundry room cabinets, trim, & counters.
- Roger & I bought the mirrors & hung them.
- The kitchen backsplash was installed along with both of the tile work around 2 of our fireplaces.
- Cleaning/window crew worked on cleaning up our house. They didn’t quite finish since the house wasn’t complete. I’m not sure if they are coming back, but I sure hope they are because we paid a lot.
- The second floor was buffed to the point that it looked sanded in many areas.
- The flooring crew decided the second floor needs to be completely sanded down, restained/polyed. They were still trying to decide how to move forward with finishing the first floor.
- Paint crew did some touch-ups, more to be done in April.
I think that about covers it!
If you want to see more of what happened in March (& why we aren’t in the house yet) click here to see my YouTube house progress update for March!
And if you enjoyed this home update, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful moment!
When did you start packing before moving into your new house?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti
I love you, Lord, my strength.