Our first month of house building with a video update of the building of our dream home.
I’m so excited to share with you our first official house building update.
I plan on sharing a new one on the first Thursday of every month with all of the progress of the month before.
And while I will share a mini bulleted update here, the real progress will be shown on YouTube.
So be sure to sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel so that you don’t miss any of our house building progress & tips to help you build your dream house!
Here’s what happened in May:
- They finished clearing our driveway & laying down gravel.
- The building site was cleared & brush burned. (Tip: Be sure to burn the piles before building your house. The land will be cleared & there will be less chance of anything important – i.e. YOUR HOUSE – catching on fire. Just be sure to check & see if you need a burning permit.)
- A survey of the location of our house was done.
- The basement was dug up, footers put in place, & concrete poured.
- We had our first window & exterior door meeting. We had every single door & window planned on a secret board on Pinterest, which helped the meeting go faster. They also gave us some great window advice that we loved & are looking forward to seeing come to life in the next few months. (Tip: Be sure to ask the professionals for their advice because chances are that since they’ve been doing it for years they will have great advice for styles, placement, height, & so much more!)
Be sure to click here to see the YouTube progress video!
Do you have any house building tips?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
But now, Lord, what do I look for?
My hope is in you.