This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MazolaHeartHealth #CollectiveBias
These Greek Nachos are a fun and simple dinner solution full of fresh ingredients and flavor! Happy Heart Health Month! Since February is Heart Healthy Month I’ve teamed up with Mazola® Corn Oil to share how their Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health. It has a variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see MAZOLA.com.
Oh, my, YUM!!
I’m absolutely in LOVE with these Greek Nachos!
My mouth is watering just thinking about these loaded greek nachos topped with some of my favorite greek flavors, like tzatziki, feta, cucumbers, kalamata olives, and so much more!
A couple of years ago I shared a recipe for parmesan garlic roasted chickpeas and for today’s recipe I decided to create a spin-off of this recipe but in a heart-healthy way.
So when roasting the chickpeas and chopped red pepper I swapped the olive oil for Mazola® Corn Oil.
It’s a simple swap that makes me feel extra good about this Mediterranean meal.
I wanted this to be a simple, yet fresh recipe twist on the common nachos.
So I found 5 ways to make this Greek Nachos extra delicious and fresh.
First, I used chickpeas instead of chicken.
And since Roger and I are both vegetarians this was an easy swap, but for those who enjoy Meatless Monday, I hoped that this would be a fun addition to your meal plan.
Then, I swapped out the olive oil for Mazola® Corn Oil.
Thirdly, I used pita bread instead of chips.
Next, I baked the chickpeas instead of cooking them on the stove.
And finally, I topped these Greek Nachos with lots of colorful vegetables.
Now that I’m looking at these pictures again I’m remembering how delicious these easy Mediterranean nachos are and I’m off to the kitchen!
These Greek Nachos are a fun and simple dinner solution full of fresh ingredients and flavor!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- 1 Can Chickpeas (15.5 oz)
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Pita Breads
- 1 Cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 1/3 Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Feta
- 1 Cup Hummus
- 1 Cup Tzatziki
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Fresh Parsley, optional
- First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then drain, rinse, and pat dry the chickpeas removing any excess skin/peeling.
- In a small bowl stir together the chickpeas, chopped red pepper, 2 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, & 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring the chickpeas and red peppers after 10 minutes.
- Next, cut the pita bread into triangles, place them on a baking sheet, and bake for 5-7 minutes, flipping them after 3 minutes.
- Place your toasted pita triangles in a large bowl or on a large platter and top them with oven-roasted chickpeas, oven-roasted red pepper, cucumber, kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, hummus, tzatziki, lemon slices, and fresh parsley.
I hope you enjoy your Greek Nachos!
If you make these Greek Nachos, be sure to share a picture and tag @DomesticallyBlissful on Instagram so that we can all see your delicious meal and so that I can share your image on my stories!
And if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful bite!
What is your favorite topping on these Greek Nachos?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti