This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeYourSummer #MADEFORDOERS #CollectiveBias
This Grilled Watermelon Salad is the perfect appetizer or side dish for a BBQ picnic this summer with all of your friends and family.
Since I love sharing quick & easy watermelon recipes, I feel like summer has never really started until I’ve created & posted a new one for you all.
So I decided to make a twist on the traditional watermelon feta salad by grilling watermelon & creating a stacked salad.
And you only need 5 ingredients for this Grilled Watermelon Salad!
These stacked salads have a slice of feta between two pieces of grilled watermelon & are topped with arugula, a sprinkle of feta, & a balsamic reduction.
And if you aren’t a huge fan of feta, you could always swap it out & make Grilled Watermelon Mozzarella Salad.
So you can make your Grilled Watermelon Salad unique to your personal preferences!
I picked up my ingredients at Kroger along with the New Kleenex® Wet Wipes Gentle Clean & VIVA® Vantage® Big Roll Paper Towels to help with the cleanup process.
I am pretty much the worst at cutting up a watermelon.
By the end, there are watermelon rinds spread out everywhere, pieces of watermelon chopped in a variety of sizes, & sticky watermelon juice over everything.
And I mean everything!
Not only is it all over the counters (even when I’m using a cutting board), but it will also be all over the cabinets, the floors, & me.
I don’t think I could be messier if I tried!
So I have to keep anything important (phones, cameras, people, etc.) far away while I’m cutting up watermelon.
Which is why I find it super helpful to have good cleaning products, like the New Kleenex® Wet Wipes Gentle Clean & VIVA® Vantage® Big Roll Paper Towels, to help with the aftermath of my messes.
And luckily picnic lunches & BBQ messes are no match for VIVA® because the cloth-like VIVA® towels can handle it!
I totally believe that the best recipes are the messiest, so it’s pretty important that I keep these products on hand for all my messy kitchen & BBQ picnic adventures!
Which is lucky for us since this Grilled Watermelon Salad can be enjoyed with a fork or with your fingers for optimum enjoyment & messiness.
And since even adults make messes, I know you’ll love the New Kleenex® Wet Wipes Gentle Clean for your hands & face.
This Watermelon Feta Salad is a great outdoor recipe that is easy to create & looks gorgeous.
If you plan on making a delicious mess this summer you can find the New Kleenex® Wet Wipes Gentle Clean in the facial tissue aisle at Kroger.
And you’ll be so happy to learn that Kroger, Kleenex®, & VIVA® are partnering to support the USO, which is an organization that helps veterans.
My grandfather is a veteran of the Navy & I love finding brands that support those who have given so much for their country.
And with lots of summer holidays that remind us to honor, celebrate, & remember our veterans & those serving our country I’m sure you will find many ways to do so, whether that be a picnic with family or a bbq with friends.
Be sure to visit the Social Hub for more unique grilling inspiration, & enter the #MakeYourSummer Sweepstakes, beginning 6/11/18, by clicking here.
- Watermelon *(1)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Feta, sliced & crumbled
- Balsamic *(1)
- First slice the watermelon into triangles, removing the rind.
- Brush the top & bottom of each watermelon slice with olive oil.
- Grill the watermelon slices for 2-3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. *(3)
- Create a stacked salad with watermelon as the base & top with a slice of feta in the center.
- Top with arugula, a sprinkle of feta, & a drizzle of balsamic & enjoy! *(4)
- *1. Be sure to use a watermelon that isn't over ripened.
- *2. If you prefer thickened balsamic simply pour the balsamic in a pan & bring it to a simmer at medium heat, then reduce the heat to low once it begins to bubble & let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened. I reduce between 1/4 & 1/3 cup, but it depends on how much balsamic reduction you desire.
- *3. Don't have a grill, but still want to try this? Try a panini press grill!
- *4. Each stack is one serving. So 8 slices of watermelon, 4 pieces of feta, & 2 cups of arugula will serve 4 people.
Do you make messes when cutting watermelon too?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.