This Ice Cream French Toast is a special brunch treat that’s easy enough for even weekday breakfasts.
This Ice Cream French Toast is my favorite childhood breakfast recipe!
I don’t think I even knew there was another type of french toast that didn’t include ice cream until I was in middle school or high school.
The sound of egg whites being whipped up into stiff peaks in the kitchen was my favorite way to wake up on a Sunday morning as a child.
That was my cue that it was time to head to the kitchen because my favorite brunch recipe was about to be ready.
Often I would follow my mom around the kitchen asking what I could do to help because I couldn’t wait to eat her french toast!
Naturally, one of the first recipes I shared when I started blogging in 2013 was this french toast recipe.
But I was a newbie blogger so not only are the photos “blah,” but the writing and structure were all super subpar.
So instead of spending hours editing and restructuring it, I decided that it would be much easier and faster to just recreate the whole post and add a more accurate recipe title – Ice Cream French Toast.
And honestly, this Ice Cream French Toast wasn’t even on my list of upcoming recipes to create or even scheduled in my calendar for the year.
But after sharing some stories about it on Instagram and receiving positive feedback and interest in the recipe, I thought I’d take some extra time to recreate this breakfast recipe for you all.
Because it’s totally worth it!
And I hope you love it as much as we do!
Looking for more breakfast recipes?
Click here to find more!
Ice Cream French Toast
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf french toast 1x
- First, slice the bread ½ to 1 inch thick and set to the side.
- Next, whip 3 egg whites for 2-3 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Then blend in the 1 cup ice cream, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/8 teaspoon maple extract, and 1 dash salt.
- Next, heat a large frypan over medium heat and spray it with oil.
- Spread the fluffy ice cream egg whites batter on one side of a slice of bread and place it batter side down onto the hot frypan. Repeat this step until the pan is covered in french toast.
- After 2-3 minutes, once the Ice Cream French Toast is almost golden brown on the bottom side, spread more ice cream egg white batter on top of each slice of bread and then flip it over to cook the other side.
- Your Ice Cream French Toast is ready once both sides are golden brown. *(1)
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- When making a large amount I like to set my oven to warm and place a baking dish inside it. Then once the french toast is golden brown on both sides I can place it in the oven to stay warm and continue cooking more.
I hope you enjoy your Ice Cream French Toast!
If you make this Ice Cream French Toast, be sure to share a picture and tag @DomesticallyBlissful on Instagram so that we can all see your delicious breakfast and so that I can share your image on my stories!
And if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful sip!
What is your favorite french toast topping?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti
The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?