Have you ever wanted a homemade sweet roll but have just been too lazy or too impatient? That’s me almost every single day. Yes. I am openly admitting to laziness, impatience, & a MAJOR sweet tooth. Will you still be my friend? (They do say admission is the first step to recovery!)
The problem with impulse cravings is that too often you don’t have a can of cinnamon rolls sitting in your fridge or freezer ready to be baked. Of course this then leads to great disappointment & moping around your kitchen as you open & reopen every single cabinet & drawer looking for something that will make you happy.
So to solve the mid morning (or midnight) sweet roll cravings I have created this Lazy Blueberry Sweet Roll recipe just for you & me! To create this semi-homemade recipe I used simple ingredients that I found in my fridge & cabinets. Which explains why I used 2 small cans of Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough & had to pinch all of the seems together. Also, although I don’t always have milk in our home we do always have French Vanilla Creamer – it’s just so good!!
These Lazy Blueberry Sweet Rolls are quick & easy & you can be enjoying them in less than 30 minutes! And in case you couldn’t tell from the pictures these fresh blueberries are bursting with sweet flavor, which I love! It’s so good & so incredibly easy to make you’ll have everyone asking for more!
And if for some crazy reason you have leftovers you can keep them in a sealed container in your fridge for 3-5 days. But chances are you’ll have to make more Lazy Blueberry Sweet Rolls – good thing you can make this scrumptious little treat really fast!
Lazy Blueberry Sweet Rolls
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 10 1x
- Crescent Roll Dough
- 2 Tablespoons Softened Butter
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries *(1)
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons French Vanilla Creamer
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Next, open & roll out your crescent roll dough. Then pinch the seems together & spread out with a roller if desired.
- Brush 2 tablespoons of softened butter on the crescent dough.
- Sprinkle on 1/4 cup sugar & 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries (evenly dispersed) on top.
- Carefully roll into a log & cut into 10 pieces.
- Place uncooked sweet rolls in a baking dished sprayed with cooking oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes uncovered. Then for an additional 5-10 minutes covered with foil until the center is cooked.
- While the sweet rolls are baking mix the powdered sugar & french vanilla creamer in a bowl.
- Once the sweet rolls are baked pour the icing on top, let cool, & enjoy!
- *(1) Although frozen blueberries will work as well.
I’d love to see your Lazy Blueberry Sweet Rolls! Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.
For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body – whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free – and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. 1 Corinthians 12:12-14
Affiliated links included in this post.
More recipes by Domestically Blissful: