Mini Caramel Apples
- An Apple
- Melon Baller
- Melted Caramel
- Chopped peanuts, sprinkles, mini white or dark chocolate, or any other chopped candy – like oreos!
- Skinny twigs, toothpicks, or pretzel sticks
- Mini muffin liners
- First, clean the apple and use the baller to cut out the mini apples.
- Next, melt the caramel according to the packing directions.
- Take one of the mini apples, pat it dry with a paper towel, and place it in the caramel top down.
- Using a toothpick flip the apple over, stick the toothpick into the top of the mini caramel apple, and twirl it around until it is completely covered.
- Cover the mini caramel apple in nuts, place in a mini muffin liner, and remove the toothpick inserting the twig in its place.
- Continue this process until you have covered all of the mini apples. Keep the mini caramel apples cold until its time to serve.
- 1 large apple and makes 22 mini apples.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the caramel when microwaving it you don’t want the caramel to burn.
- To keep the caramel warm while you cover the mini apples, place the melted caramel, in a glass bowl, on a pot of boiling water.
- Keep the mini apples cold until its time to serve.